News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Bullitt Mustang story

Started by gt350shelb, January 20, 2018, 09:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kjspeed

I wonder when the owners of the house across the street are going to rent out the upstairs bedroom so people can just sit there and stare at it?  :o
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

69mach351w

Quote from: kjspeed on February 04, 2018, 10:00:55 AM
I wonder when the owners of the house across the street are going to rent out the upstairs bedroom so people can just sit there and stare at it?  :o
They probably don't even have a clue to the "Bullitt" Mustang, heck they may not even know who Steve McQueen is ::)
Be surprised at the "Clueless" people in this world :o

shelbydoug

Quote from: 69mach351w on February 04, 2018, 10:49:45 AM
They probably don't even have a clue to the "Bullitt" Mustang, heck they may not even know who Steve McQueen is ::)

Even my two sons who are both Millennial's know about McQueen and Bullet. The older one stopped getting tickets that he had to go to Court for but still works out tires and I can hear him coming in the distance.

Two steps forward, one step backwards...or is it the opposite? I don't know? I stopped wearing my shoulder harness about 25 years ago but sometimes still wear the turtleneck.

I let the local cops stop by to see what I'm doing and on which car when they are bored. I guess they kind of try to explain me to the rookies? I'm not sure if they're impressed or just keep their distances and give me room? Is that respect or caution?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

"explain me to the rookies."  I love it!  Gear heads are a special breed.  Always have been and always will.  I submit that when driverless cars descend upon us there will be those of us who figure out how to manually override the driverless systems.  I just got up.  Downloading pics from my camera in addition to the phone camera pics of Bullitt.  What a nightmare driving back.  Snow squalls the whole length of US. 31 and lots of tailgaters. 
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

deathsled

More.  The tires are Firestones.  Look very very old.  Hmmmm.  I wonder.  The Torque Thrusts are seriously old as well.  THey might be made of magnesium also noting that there are new valve stems (to prevent leaking due to age of the magnesium?).  And look how the Firestones fill the fenders.  Totally hot!  I should have asked if they would let me lick the paint.  (Just kidding.  Well sort of kidding LOL!)  I am so glad I went on the fly to see this phenomenon of car culture.  Special thanks to Vern Estes who turned me on to its relatively close proximity to me otherwise I would never have gone.  Now I need to hunt down 5R002 that I missed.  Damn!

deathsled

Even more

69mach351w

Quote from: shelbydoug on February 04, 2018, 11:09:37 AM
Quote from: 69mach351w on February 04, 2018, 10:49:45 AM

Even my two sons who are both Millennial's know about McQueen and Bullet. The older one stopped getting tickets that he had to go to Court for but still works out tires and I can hear him coming in the distance.

Two steps forward, one step backwards...or is it the opposite? I don't know? I stopped wearing my shoulder harness about 25 years ago but sometimes still wear the turtleneck.

I let the local cops stop by to see what I'm doing and on which car when they are bored. I guess they kind of try to explain me to the rookies? I'm not sure if they're impressed or just keep their distances and give me room? Is that respect or caution?
Come on SD, spell it right!!!

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!