News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Bullitt Mustang story

Started by gt350shelb, January 20, 2018, 09:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: stangman39 on February 01, 2018, 08:45:18 AM
As much as I'd love to see Sean hold onto it for much longer, I did read if the right offer comes along he may sell.

If it does go up for sale do you think it'll be a big auction house who sells it?

Some of the pics of the car are really great especially the one in the barn.
Some guesstimates have been 4 million. This is a car BJ would love to get but on the other hand all it needs is a small blurb anywhere to bring well heeled buyers out of the woodwork with offers.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Bigblock

Maybe Ford will buy it and put it in the Henry Ford Museum next to the 68 XR7-G ;D

FoMoCo is who I would like to see as the next owner.

Then the horse trading will be over. Pun intended.

deathsled

I missed it in Detroit. I read it will be in DC in April displayed in a glass box. Does anyone know where else it will be displayed in the US before going to Europe? I could find no further info on the interweb. Just hope it doesn't disappear while on tour a la James Dean's wrecked 550!
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Vernon Estes

The car is currently on display at Hagerty's headquarters in MI until February 14th.

Kind regards,
Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

deathsled

Thank you thank you!  I will plan a pilgrimage.  Anyone else in the Chicagoland area interested in going some weekend?

Okay, I just called Hagerty and they are open on Sat from 8:30 to 4:00 and on Sunday 12:00 to 4:00 to view the Bullitt  I am considering a visit this weekend.

Getting some flak from a buddy about driving up this weekend due to snow conditions.  He thinks I'll slide off the road and die and they won't find me until Spring.  Worth the risk?  I have a wide open weekend full of not much to do.  We'll see. 

deathsled

Well I cancelled my piano lesson for Saturday.  Rachmaninoff's G sharp minor Prelude will have to wait.  Seems my brain is set on autopilot to lead me to Traverse City.  I will take a lot of pictures to post should I choose to accept the mission.  Better pack my automotive prayer mat.

GT350Lad

Quote from: deathsled on February 01, 2018, 10:20:18 PM
Well I cancelled my piano lesson for Saturday.  Rachmaninoff's G sharp minor Prelude will have to wait.  Seems my brain is set on autopilot to lead me to Traverse City.  I will take a lot of pictures to post should I choose to accept the mission.  Better pack my automotive prayer mat.

Well said, accept and post plenty of pics mate!
6S373
6S1276

6R07mi

Quote from: deathsled on February 01, 2018, 10:20:18 PM

If you're going up I-196 & US 131 I assume you'll see lake effect snow, no tire chain stations like out west!
They're calling for 2-4" Fri ~ Sat.

check out the breweries  https://www.traversecity.com/wineries/microbreweries/

regards
jp  (SE Mich)
Former owner 6S283, 70 "Boss351", 66 GT 6F07, 67 FB GT
current: 66 GT former day 2 track car 6R07
20+ yrs Ford Parts Mgr, now Meritor Defense

deathsled

When I arrived the doors were locked. Only could view from outside. Only Hagerty employees were allowed to view. I hung around long enough and someone came to the door and took pity on me and let me in. They seemed shocked someone would drive from Chicago for this sole purpose. It was a priority and for me at least it paid off. The car had an eerie presence about it. You felt as if you were in the presence of something special. And a bit of darkness surrounded it was the vibe I sensed.

deathsled

Another pic and back on the road. Was good coming up (dry highway) but snow this morning on second leg of drive

Thought they told you that they were open today?

sfm5

Funny thing - we have a home near Cabo, and a little research indicates this car was discovered in a junkyard "near Cabo San Lucas". Cool thing that all the years we have been down there buzzing around, and the car was apparently sitting nearby!
65 GT350

deathsled

Quote from: 2112 on February 03, 2018, 06:13:58 PM
Thought they told you that they were open today?
They did make that representation. It's a moot point now. I got in regardless. Just fighting snow on the the way back now. Pulled over for gasoline.  U.S. 31 has been a bear. White out conditions in spots. Damned lake effects snow! Was still worth the trip I maintain

Quote from: deathsled on February 03, 2018, 08:42:01 PM
Was still worth the trip I maintain

Considering that you saw THE Bullitt Mustang, in person, I would have to concur.   🤔