Author Topic: Reputable Restoration Shop  (Read 2194 times)

dandlg1

• View Profile
Reputable Restoration Shop
« on: March 14, 2019, 07:13:51 PM »
New to the forum, have looked through a lot of posts without much success.  Looking for a reputable restoration shop to get my 1970 GT500 back on the road.  Principally drive train issues, a few trim and function issues.  Preference would be for a Nor Cal shop, for convenience, but open to the best options. Thx

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
Re: Reputable Restoration Shop
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 09:51:27 PM »
Sounds not like restoration but instead trim and mechanical  - with a knowledge or Fords and Shelbys
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

gt350cs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 09:34:31 AM »
Based upon what I have heard Jeff Speegle would be a good place to start. His knowledge base is amazing. Good luck in your search.

Doug C

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 09:50:12 AM »
Based upon what I have heard Jeff Speegle would be a good place to start. His knowledge base is amazing. Good luck in your search.

Exactly what I was thinking and if I am not mistaken he lives in N.CA.

dandlg1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 10:23:40 AM »
Thanks for the quick responses.  The car is original, so there will be things to fix, like getting the door windows to roll up correctly and it has sat for a long time, so the rubber will be in tough shape.  Primary issues are mechanical, carburetor, transmission, fuel lines, etc.  Interior is in good shape, exterior is in ok shape.  My intent is to put it back on the road in as original condition as reasonably possible, so a knowledge of Fords and Shelbys would be key.  Wild guess, 1st responder J_Speegle is Jeff?

gt350cs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 10:40:40 AM »
You are correct that is Jeff Speegle. He has a site - www.concoursmustang.com that you will find to be very helpful in your research and acquiring of parts.

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 11:58:54 AM »
Thanks for the quick responses.  The car is original, so there will be things to fix, like getting the door windows to roll up correctly and it has sat for a long time, so the rubber will be in tough shape.  Primary issues are mechanical, carburetor, transmission, fuel lines, etc.  Interior is in good shape, exterior is in ok shape.  My intent is to put it back on the road in as original condition as reasonably possible, so a knowledge of Fords and Shelbys would be key.  Wild guess, 1st responder J_Speegle is Jeff?

Two products I've had excellent results with on early sixties dried out rubber, Adam's rubber cleaner and Shin-Etsu grease.
The Adam's product thoroughly cleans rubber, without further drying effect and the Shin-Etsu (a Japanese product specially for gaskets) actually restores the fullness to rubber gaskets better than a silicone or petroleum distilattes containing product. Good luck on your rehab of the Shelby.

dandlg1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 05:04:26 PM »
Again, many thanks for the info, I have some traction now.  Will keep checking for updates if anyone has more to share and will check out the Concours Mustang site.