News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

G.T. 350/500 Stripe Question

Started by rbarkley, March 01, 2019, 01:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbarkley

Should I trim the access or just fold into the fender well as shown in the pic?
Thanks
Ron

JD

Photo is correct, other edges wrap too.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

rbarkley

acman63

get some clear nail polish and put some on the edges to keep from peeling
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

J_Speegle

Quote from: JD on March 01, 2019, 02:13:33 PM
Photo is correct, other edges wrap too.

+1

Here are some examples that should illustrate that practice. Believe these were posted on the forum before the crash

Hope these help

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Maybe these will help illustrate how many were done

Front fender edge

Forward door edge

Rear door edge

Quarter panel forward edge

Rear wheel well edge

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

rbarkley

Perfect.  Great pics.  Thank you!

67411F--0100-ENG.

Hello,

Here is a photo of 0100 taken on 12/12/66 by Motor Trend.

Thanks,
Eric

JWH

Would the "wrap around" of the stripes shown in the pictures apply for all years (1965-1970) of Shelbys? (let me know if this should be a new thread).

The pictures are super helpful, thanks for posting. And the tip on the nail polish too.
Jeff

J_Speegle

Quote from: JWH on March 01, 2019, 06:55:52 PM
Would the "wrap around" of the stripes shown in the pictures apply for all years (1965-1970) of Shelbys? (let me know if this should be a new thread).

Yes typically the stripes were wrapped around the corners so that they didn't detach as easy as if they were cut on the edges. During 69-70 its typical to find them with an adhesive similar to weather strip type applied with a brush over the ends at the rear of the door opening  - both on the door and on the quarter panel ends

Earlier years, as far as I'm aware, have not been found to be finished in that way
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge