Author Topic: 66 on CL? 35k  (Read 4734 times)

Dkutz

• View Profile

Ldouble619

• View Profile
Re: 66 on CL? 35k
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 09:38:36 PM »
SCAM!

From the good ole internet:

it is a scam the phone number will get you a number to " the husband" he claims to be allen but his real name is jun alegre 323 873 0158 , I have been in contact with him on other Porsche vw adds that were scams

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8657640

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 09:38:56 PM »
Remember, to good to be true usually is! 
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Cobra567

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 10:36:41 PM »
He had a 68KR in San Diego for $35k a few days ago.  He provided a address to see the car.  I suppose if you show up ready to buy you get robbed st gun point.  Unreal.

Vernon Estes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 11:36:05 PM »
I got an email yesterday from a "collector" looking to trade his Ferrari 212 Export Barchetta for one of the cars on my site.

I think it's legit.  Guy said said he only needed my social, home address, credit card number, and a copy of my title so he could verify that I was for real.

Think Im making one hell of a trade!

Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 01:59:02 AM »
Well I got a line on a real good deal for a 427sc!!!Now if I can just figure out the best way to get my cashiers check to this guy in Lagos..........

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 03:43:57 AM »
I got an email yesterday from a "collector" looking to trade his Ferrari 212 Export Barchetta for one of the cars on my site.

I think it's legit.  Guy said said he only needed my social, home address, credit card number, and a copy of my title so he could verify that I was for real.

Sweet deal bro, you go for it? Someone rang me about a year ago with something similar, I said “hold the line I am in the witness protection program and you have identified me, hold on, hold on” they promptly hung up
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 03:45:50 AM by GT350Lad »
6S373
6S1276

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 12:02:24 PM »

Sweet deal bro, you go for it? Someone rang me about a year ago with something similar, I said “hold the line I am in the witness protection program and you have identified me, hold on, hold on” they promptly hung up

Definitely getting my full entertainment value on the forum today!  ;D
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Dkutz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 01:28:26 PM »
yeah I know.  But you never know!!

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 02:03:56 PM »

;D ;D
As long as you don't give the seller your mothers maiden name you should be OK :)
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎