Author Topic: Custom Radial Tires  (Read 4505 times)

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Radial Tires
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2019, 01:15:08 PM »
Looks Awesome!  Like a big Hotwheels!  I'm guessing the raised white lettering goes on the inside, and they use the black wall opposite side.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

rockhouse66

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2019, 02:20:10 PM »
Yes, the raised white letters go to the inside.  But they will buff those off for you if you want for a small additional charge.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2019, 04:19:26 PM »
I've got BFG's now. I like the ride. I'm leaning towards the Avons but want to see some in person and I'm suspicious that the ride will be harder then the BFG's.

I've got time.

I may go with Mickey Thompsons on the back of my Pantera with a 26-12-15. Fronts are easy on that one. 225-50-15's. That car has aging Pirelli P7's which have both been obsoleted and resurrected at astronomical prices. Considering it's not a sticky tire at all and only works in the hot weather. Forget it under even 50f and they have this nasty habit of treads spliting and throwing out chunks of treads. For almost $700 each, they ain't a good investment.

The Avons with the stick on Goodyear billboards would be good at a 295-50-15 and 225-50-15.

The 68 has BFG T/As, 295-50-15's on the back and 235-60-15s on the front. They work well in all types of weather and I remember the 70's when racers were using them as racing wets. This car is more of a sleeper T/A car as evidenced by the sinister looks I get from the tech guys. TS to them?

The 67 is undecided. The original big letter Goodyears look the best but are faschizzle. OK if you just want to look at the car. So see. For me...ain't that easy.

I had W's on my SHO. What a waste of money. If it looked like rain the car would run off the road and hide under a tree. The W's are just super sales bs. Where is anyone going to go a sustained 149mph? Bonneville salt flats? Ge-zzz
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 05:42:43 PM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!