Author Topic: Power Ventilation  (Read 978 times)

Crowe34

• View Profile
Power Ventilation
« on: December 12, 2022, 03:48:31 PM »
I have a 70 GT500 optioned with Power Ventilation.  In its earlier life someone installed after-market air.  I have removed the after market air and am now trying to retrofit the original duck work under the dash.  Does anyone have any details on the combination of pieces from a non air car or air car that makes up the correct pieces as it was originally installed?  Since it has the center vent it appears that some of the pieces must come from an air car.  Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Steve

papa scoops

• View Profile
Re: Power Ventilation
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 06:31:55 PM »
i have a power vent dash, if anything is left of it, in barn, but roof is falling in, cant go back out till spring. looks very complicated though, lots of hoses and junk. maybe a ford service manual would help. mine was from a 70 500

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 06:46:05 PM »
Many of the parts are not shared by either AC or non AC cars so good luck. You will see Shelby and Mustang owners posting ads looking for a system or individual pieces. Some pictures of parts  shown in this thread

https://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=10593.msg76519#msg76519

Some additional ones. Might try looking at the MPC diagrams of the system - thing they are there - as well as the 69 Electrical and vacuum diagrams/manual

« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 06:48:43 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Crowe34

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 09:01:24 PM »
Thanks much for the pictures and information!  I am in biggest need of the plastic duck piece with the vacuum valve on it. The piece in the first picture.  If anyone has that piece available, I would be interested in purchasing it.  Please share any other information you may have. 

Thanks again
Steve

jk66gt350

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2022, 09:21:01 PM »
Not sure but some or many of the parts may have been the same on the same year Cougars with power ventilation.  If so, you might want to expend your search to West Coast Classic Cougar.

Crowe34

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2022, 02:42:46 AM »
Thanks!  will do

aj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2022, 09:09:50 PM »
Google c9za-18490.  At least one of them currently listed on ebay

Crowe34

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2022, 09:48:22 AM »
Thanks for the note but I'm pretty sure this is the defroster diffusor.
Thanks again for the support