News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

New Lego Mustang is here!

Started by BGlover67, March 29, 2019, 12:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

Now I know what my son and I are doing this weekend.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

69mach351w

Those are pricey from what I've seen.  $140 wasn't it?

BGlover67

Compared to a Star Wars themed Lego set, it's a bargain.  Some are up to a $1000 or more.  But yes, you're right I paid something like that.  But in it's defense, it has a ton of engineering put into it.  I heard a rumor the folks that run www.concoursmustang.com were consulted for authenticity.   ;)
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

69mach351w

shelbydoug

My wife bought four at $100 each. She gave me one to build and she said they are already up $50 on ebay so those three are an investment for her.

Frankly right now I'm too busy building three real cars and just look at the box at the moment.

It would be something good to build if I'm layed up following some kind of surgery but it more likely they will try to do a prefrontal labodamy on me then I won't be able to put it together? Desicions, decisions? What to do?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

BGlover67

Ok, my son finished up my Mustang.  It's pretty cool considering the limitations Lego has.  I could see modifying it to a GT350/GT500 fairly easily.  You can leave it stock, or include the supplied modifications.  I told my son the "Caution Fan" sticker was incorrect and not to install it, and he replied, "What is this, MCA Concours?"   ::)

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

JD

Nice work -
(I'm guessing the exhaust and blower are the day-2 - go for it!)
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Richstang

Quote from: BGlover67 on April 21, 2019, 06:15:54 PM
Ok, my son finished up my Mustang.  It's pretty cool considering the limitations Lego has.  I could see modifying it to a GT350/GT500 fairly easily.  You can leave it stock, or include the supplied modifications.  I told my son the "Caution Fan" sticker was incorrect and not to install it, and he replied, "What is this, MCA Concours?"   ::)

I thought that was going to be a father & son project. It sounds like you let him have all the fun.
;D

Get the matching bricks in Dark Green with a few minor tweaks and I could see a Bullitt car next from Legoland.

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar