News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Green Painted Bulbs

Started by rbarkley, March 09, 2019, 10:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbarkley

At least I should get a prize for most uniquely named topic! LoL!
Cleaning the Amp/Oil Pressure gauge and pod.
Noticed that the bulbs were painted green. 
Is that a PO addition or factory?
Thanks and have a great weekend!
Ron

JD

Yes, have seen green bulbs in those, replacements are out there...

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

texas swede

Some years ago I bought two originals from Bob Gaines and they look green/turquoise but I don't know if they are painted.
They have  specific Shelby Part number listed in the parts list in the registry.
Texas Swede

Bob Gaines

Quote from: texas swede on March 09, 2019, 12:24:52 PM
Some years ago I bought two originals from Bob Gaines and they look green/turquoise but I don't know if they are painted.
They have  specific Shelby Part number listed in the parts list in the registry.
Texas Swede
Originals were painted.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Krelboyne

Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

JD

^^^ yes

(the car I had there were clear bulbs in both gauges, some one previous must have changed them.  I got the green ones but never put them in - it was easier to see the oil pressure at night with the clear bulb)
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bob Gaines

The painted bulb is easy enough to replicate. You mostly encounter the painted bulbs used in the yellow marker lights of 68-70.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Krelboyne

The bulbs, are they from a car originally sold in Minnesota or Wisconsin?
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

rbarkley

No.  #861 was originally sold at Wilmington Ford in Wilmington,  MA.

1967 eight barrel

If you actually drive your vehicle you might consider an LED replacement. The under dash clusters are on the dim side at night anyway.

-Keith

texas swede

Here is the type I bought from Bob many years ago. As the car is in Sweden and we are normally over there in June
it never gets dark at night, these lamps do not make much of a difference.. Hope you don't mind me posting Bob.
Texas Swede

Bob Gaines

Quote from: texas swede on June 09, 2020, 06:37:14 PM
Here is the type I bought from Bob many years ago. As the car is in Sweden and we are normally over there in June
it never gets dark at night, these lamps do not make much of a difference.. Hope you don't mind me posting Bob.
Texas Swede
Glad it was of some help.

donnelson

Has anyone tried to duplicate the wrinkle finish? I have tried twice with wrinkle paint, not a very satisfying result. It would come out very inconsistent and the wrinkle wasn't right.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: donnelson on June 10, 2020, 10:21:59 AM
Has anyone tried to duplicate the wrinkle finish? I have tried twice with wrinkle paint, not a very satisfying result. It would come out very inconsistent and the wrinkle wasn't right.
If you are referring to the green bulb in the subject description  then any substantial wrinkle finish encountered to the the paint finish would be anomalous and therefore no effort needed to duplicate. If referring to something else then i would suggest starting a new thread on that different subject.