News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Will this forum evolve or devolve?

Started by Coralsnake, February 07, 2018, 05:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

Appreciate it John, I try hard to treat others respectfully. My observation was there was some jabs being taken at other forum members after they assisted people who asked a good question. In the last several weeks the person taking the jab has had a couple questionable/ misleading posts.

I am not sure if he knowingly misrepresented parts, but I do know when he was called out, he became very defensive and started throwing wild accusations against long time members. Uncalled for....

Coralsnake

From December 2017 courtesy of a forum member

Coralsnake

I think we can capture other post totals if we tried.

TOBKOB

QuotePerhaps there is a way to have Ron change the post numbers counts, or add something that distinguishes .
Jim Cowles as old as dirt as so on !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I second that...I personally don't care about the number of post but it would help "newbies" (true newbies) recognize the true veteran members who made this site what is was and will be again. It might also help when the "SAAC Member" can be added to the signature.   ;)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

shelbydoug

Quote from: TOBKOB on February 08, 2018, 11:13:38 AM
QuotePerhaps there is a way to have Ron change the post numbers counts, or add something that distinguishes .
Jim Cowles as old as dirt as so on !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I second that...I personally don't care about the number of post but it would help "newbies" (true newbies) recognize the true veteran members who made this site what is was and will be again. It might also help when the "SAAC Member" can be added to the signature.   ;)

TOB

I don't know? Sounds like some just want a medal? Maybe they should go see the Wizard?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

gt350hr

Thanks Ron!   The ONLY way we can fail is if WE let it happen. We have to face the fact that as our cars have increased in value "opportunists" have noticed too. As I mentioned in a previous post , door handles , rear view mirrors , fender bolts, dash pads etc. have become "Shelby" items with higher prices than in the past. We have identified several "repeat offenders"  and sellers to be dealt with using caution. As you mentioned none of us want that to change. The "go to" guys are still here . It's no secret that I always promote "responsible posting on public forums" on every forum I participate on.  I have left some that can't seem to control that. Public degradation belongs on the "S&M" site popularly known as Yxxxxw Bxxxxt.  I have been fortunate enough to meet and spend time  with most of the "movers and shakers"  on this site and can have a difference of opinion and still be smiling with any of them. "I" learn from them too and have to correct my opinion on occasion. I look at that as a positive learning experience , not someone beating up on me because I had a different view.  The difference is we RESPECT each other! None of us resort to childish name calling or bullying.
    So we had a couple of weeks off and the "office has fresh paint" . Time to get back to work.  "Compromising situations" should be reported to the appropriate authority as suggested.
       Thank you for the opportunity to "work" here.
    Randy Gillis
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

gt350hr

Pete ,
      I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!!  The Russians have clearly hacked into the system . Gaines can't be that windy , well on second thought, NEVER MIND. Laughing Out Loud . Look at the collective time the top ten have shared when they could be doing something else like counting buttons on a couch or basket weaving.  I am HONORED to be in the top 10 along with the other 9 great members.  As I said a couple of posts ago , I appreciate the opportunity to be here.

shelbydoug

Quote from: gt350hr on February 08, 2018, 11:28:50 AM
   Pete ,
      I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!!  The Russians have clearly hacked into the system . Gaines can't be that windy , well on second thought, NEVER MIND. Laughing Out Loud . Look at the collective time the top ten have shared when they could be doing something else like counting buttons on a couch or basket weaving.  I am HONORED to be in the top 10 along with the other 9 great members.  As I said a couple of posts ago , I appreciate the opportunity to be here.

...needlepoint, that's the kool thing to be doing.  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

gt350hr

Doug ,
     I didn't want to "leak" your private passion info to everyone 8)

shelbydoug

Quote from: gt350hr on February 08, 2018, 11:35:01 AM
Doug ,
     I didn't want to "leak" your private passion info to everyone 8)

Thank you for your sensitivity. I appreciate it. Few would understand?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbydoug

So much for peace, love and understanding? Don't make us vote on you. We'll do it.

Why don't you just let this be?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

mygt350

Time for a Deputy Barney minute. Nip it in the bud or pull out the single bullet in his shirt pocket. Been on this site for YEARS and have obtained so much spot on advice from so many. Someone put something in the cool aid or change dosage of meds? We are really chastising someone for misspelling a word. Geez. Move on.
Martin
Caretaker of 5S228 since 1967
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

gt350hr

Quote from: 1968GT350 on February 08, 2018, 11:39:20 AM
Quote from the world famous Coralsnake...

"Well, Im not as experienced as you, but we are tracking. That post and its accompaning threads are a focus of my ire. The same person was selling a complete engine. That was until he figured out the smog system had value and he stripped it off....how much value does your $1200 "complete" engine after you strip $1200 of parts off it?"

Pete...

I think that its time you stopped making a fool out of yourself. Apparently the answer to your question is $1200, because that's what my "mostly" complete engine sold for. Please answer my question now...how is this any of your business?

*PS this is how you spell the word "accompanying". That squiggly red line underneath that word means that you've spelled it wrong, hint hint). Please make a note of that, I'm getting kind of tired of correcting you on everything.

TAKE A HINT from RON.  Use PM's for your personal issues with Pete.

1968GT350

You know what, I am not interested in pointing this forum in the "devolve" direction. If certain members here want push it in that direction, go ahead. The buck stops here. If certain people want to keep beating this thing to death well then its on you.

TLea

Quote from: gt350hr on February 08, 2018, 12:02:58 PM
  TAKE A HINT from RON.  Use PM's for your personal issues with Pete.
as evidence by his participation some people can't. I sent him a PM to invite him to talk to me. Guess what? No response. Big surprise.
I refuse to reply to the ongoing bad behavior

Edit to this post. When I wrote it there were 2 new posts from Rob (1968GT350) defaming several forum members that he has now deleted. Somebody should mention screen shots to him