Author Topic: Will this forum evolve or devolve?  (Read 11917 times)

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
Will this forum evolve or devolve?
« on: February 07, 2018, 05:22:14 PM »
I find it very interesting that we are going to allow everyone to start over.

Personally, I dont care for it. If you want more posts where people are making snarky comments and being able to sell parts without being checked or challenged, I think we have arrived.

So far, I dont like the direction. I understand moderators and administrators have other concerns, but many of the comments made so far should not remain up on the forum.

If you are not going to respect what was built, then maybe we need start over and this will turn into vintage-mustang forum 2. 

Just my observation

I thought the old forum had some order after nine years. There is none here and I am sure I am going to wait nine years for it to happen.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 05:53:11 PM by Coralsnake »

Doug C

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Will this forum evolve or devolve?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 05:45:41 PM »
I don't mind change but have to agree (so far) with Coralsnake.

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 06:02:05 PM »
 We DO have a reputation to up hold . Other sites have been proclaiming our demise similar to when CS initiated his Chicken Sxxt law suit against SAAC .  STRONG members make a STRONG forum. THIS FORUM has NEVER run from ANYBODY and there is no reason for that to change. The knowledge IS still here. Like a kick in the nuts it hurts for a while and then you are back with a vengance. I know "I" am. Until POOKIE is allowed to be a member, I'll be here. Who's with me????
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 06:10:24 PM »
I dont know Randy, if there are these concerns and no answers, why continue to invest time into it?

Now we have members off the rails accusing long time forum members of dastardly deeds and all we see is a lock down and a “knock it off” Pretty soon everyone has an opinion and good opinions cant be sorted from bad. If we dont recognize what the old forum was, I am not sure this forum, will end up in the same place...

How about we start showing some respect for the people that willing contributed to the forum for years and years, instead of this version of Animal Farm, where all posters are equals and allowed to go unchallenged?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 06:14:02 PM by Coralsnake »

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 06:16:47 PM »
I will volunteer to become a moderator because I would definitely like to clean up some of the OT posts.

The stupid $hit that gets discussed here sometimes was a topic we were all discussing before the failure.

All I am asking is that the post be related to Shelby/Fords/Cobras etc. 

Enough of the blow up doll shit, NOBODY FÛ€Kîng CARES!!

Count me in!

Chris
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 06:51:11 PM »
   Pete this is my 20th post so it should make me a jr member. Now that it appears my balls have been acknowledged , I will continue to be heard. "begin rant now"

Part of the value ( read ideals) IMHO of this site is what has become known as the Shelby Police. We joke about it  often but are accused bf being it MORE often. We have helped save MANY people from being ripped off by FAKE ads for cars NOT FOR SALE  , repop parts sold as NOS , incorrect item descriptions , applications , and MANY other things. Those who benefited from OUR expertise are VERY grateful in almost every case.  Let's face it EVERY Mustang with ANY spec of a part that was ever on a Shelby American or Shelby Automotive produced IS a SHELBY in the eyes of those who proclaim it. Door handles , Hard top deck lids , cigarette lighters , ALL Shelby parts!!! The ads don't lie. Right.
     I looked at a recent locked post which showed three metal tags. As a card carrying member of the Shelby police I would have called one of them a reproduction JUST like I would ANY other tag that didn't match an original. I don't care WHO the selling party is/was. WRONG is still wrong.
     If this rant gets me a "time out"  on this forum so be it , I will NOT lessen the passion I have had for these cars since 1965.
       Respectfully,
       RANDY GILLIS
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 06:53:53 PM by gt350hr »

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 07:03:17 PM »
Well, Im not as experienced as you, but we are tracking. That post and its accompaning threads are a focus of my ire. The same person was selling a complete engine. That was until he figured out the smog system had value and he stripped it off....how much value does your $1200 “complete” engine after you strip $1200 of parts off it?

Then you start accusing people of torpedoing your sales, questioning their knowledge and calling them greedy trolls?

What the hell is going on? So many things have changed with the new forum, Im beginning to wonder...

corbins

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 07:16:03 PM »
Pete (and all others of knowledge) - remember it took 9 years to "fine tune" the old forum. And most A-holes eventually learned to play by the rules or left. This re-start will probably also take some tuning. But if you and others like you abandon ship....it's gonna sink.
JMHO

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 07:17:29 PM »
Something needs to be done. A fellow forum member sent Pete and i transmission pictures to ask if authentic. Both Pete and I advised him it had phony tag. The seller (no names) starts slamming us because he’s been exposed. Next you know there’s all kinds of posts firing at me and moderator shuts everything down even though the derogatory stuff is all on one side. Not much respect for 9 years of loyalty
Fences are not made to sit on

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 07:22:47 PM »
I dont know Randy, if there are these concerns and no answers, why continue to invest time into it?

Now we have members off the rails accusing long time forum members of dastardly deeds and all we see is a lock down and a “knock it off” Pretty soon everyone has an opinion and good opinions cant be sorted from bad. If we dont recognize what the old forum was, I am not sure this forum, will end up in the same place...

How about we start showing some respect for the people that willing contributed to the forum for years and years, instead of this version of Animal Farm, where all posters are equals and allowed to go unchallenged?

That's ridiculous. The pig obviously is not equal to the horse.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 07:30:22 PM »
Something needs to be done. A fellow forum member sent Pete and i transmission pictures to ask if authentic. Both Pete and I advised him it had phony tag. The seller (no names) starts slamming us because he’s been exposed. Next you know there’s all kinds of posts firing at me and moderator shuts everything down even though the derogatory stuff is all on one side. Not much respect for 9 years of loyalty
Fences are not made to sit on

Having what appears to be a non-authentic tag is not the same as being exposed. Both of you guys need to re-examine what you posted.

It should have stood as your opinion and if the OP wants to roll around in do-do, simple, let him.

I don't understand why you got so upset? All it did was turn into an ugly scene of name calling and that has no positives. Personally I thought you were above that?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 07:32:24 PM »
   Pete ,
      Sadly  dishonest people rarely change until the grim reaper is staring at them ,and sometimes still don't .  I will  continue to expose them until I am reprimanded or "released" .  I'm not in a popularity contest.  If dishonesty IS allowed to flourish , I will move on.
    Randy

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 07:33:29 PM »
Doug, I know we havent always agreed, but you should know I will always defend what I think is right, even when I’m wrong. I am not afraid to challenge anyone on the forum. It does make me mad when someone calls out a knowlegable person and seemingly has gotten away with it.

:o
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 07:35:33 PM by Coralsnake »

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2018, 07:40:52 PM »
Doug, I know we havent always agreed, but you should know I will always defend what I think is right, even when I’m wrong.

:o

I understand that. Why argue with someone who either doesn't understand or doesn't want to.

Simple. I respect both of your opinions. IF I was in the market for that transmission I would be looking for your opinion and Tim's (presuming you would be willing) and go with that.

You simply cannot protect another if they choose to ignore that?

Post your opinion(s) respectfully and let them stand. Contrary to what you might think, they carry a lot of weight and respect.

That's just my view. It's not my intent to lecture or appear to.

There are more important things then to get involved in an online brawl, which is what it turned into.

That's the last I'm going to say about it. Obviously that's just my opinion. Best to all.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2018, 07:42:49 PM »
Doug you are off base here. When a seller knowing tells a buyer something is authentic and it isn’t that’s fraud. Are you condoning that? I can’t sorry