News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

BEWARE -This 1967 Shelby VIN Tag may show up on a car one day *67400F5A 01540*

Started by George Schalk, March 11, 2019, 07:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Schalk

This is not my ad.  BEWARE

I thought I'd share the ad, which is for an original 1967 Shelby VIN tag just in case some one in the future decides to resurrect from the dead car #67400F5A 01540. 

The ebay ad reads: "This Vin tag was pulled I'm a GT500 that came into my dad's wrecking yard 36 years ago. The car was hit so hard on the passenger side that it look like a train must have hit it. This is all that I have from that car. These are sold as memorabilia only."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163590115308?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

67 GT350

RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

ay caramba!

no this is the last picture of jimmys car...geetee500 no mas...

Quote from: 1690 on March 11, 2019, 08:04:06 PM
Thanks!

I thought this was going to be for Morrison's car  ;D
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

67 GT350

Oh come on guy, its "rare" that alone should bring 2300.00! It will be interesting to see what it does, am I crazy thinking someone will pay dearly? So if it shows up on a car someday, and everyone here know is, is that bad? I am sure its been done and done very well, heck anyone of us might own a car that was done so perfect that we don't even know.
RARE  Signature Delete

That's where long term ownership provenance comes in,History matters IMHO.

67 GT350

Long term ownership? I know a guy who bought a 65 mustang thinking is was a 65 Shelby, he knew Shelby's and so did the Shelby rep. He thought that for years, until one day... that day was in the year 1971. This was somewhere out in the mid-west.
RARE  Signature Delete

roddster

I'll bet our registrar is right on top of that for the registry.

67 GT350

I hope and bet. Question,, is there a list of cars that have funny numbers/tags?
RARE  Signature Delete

Quote from: Fran on March 13, 2019, 08:39:51 AM
Long term ownership? I know a guy who bought a 65 mustang thinking is was a 65 Shelby, he knew Shelby's and so did the Shelby rep. He thought that for years, until one day... that day was in the year 1971. This was somewhere out in the mid-west.
.  It's a combination of things..However I would be a lot more confident buying a car with long term ownership(and registry)provenance than one that came from "out of the blue".Of course there are exceptions to every rule...A lot less chance of someone misrepresenting a car as real back before they were valuable enough to justify the effort IMHO

JD

Quote from: Fran on March 13, 2019, 11:53:45 AM
I hope and bet. Question,, is there a list of cars that have funny numbers/tags?

the registry's and registrar's have much info, but probably not all...
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Shelby6t5 Mike HHI, SC

roddster

Reading the registries over the years, there are numerous notes pertaining to rebodies, double Vinned cars, air cars and such.  We've been in very good hands.