News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

BEWARE -This 1967 Shelby VIN Tag may show up on a car one day *67400F5A 01540*

Started by George Schalk, March 11, 2019, 07:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68stangcjfb

$1282.51??? HOLY AIR CAR BATMAN!!!😵😵😵😵😵😵 or its getting pop rivited onto someone's Elenor!
68 1/2 CJ Mustang GT FB auto 3.91s 68 1/2 CJ Torino GT FB 3.91s 60 Thunderbird 64 Falcon Sprint conv. 4Spd 65 Falcon Sedan Delivery 67 Fairlane 500 SW 428 4Spd, 68 Torino 4dr 95 Thunderbird SC. 89 F250 Supercab 2wd, 98 Mustang conv. 99 Jeep Cherokee 2002 Thunderbird. 96 Harley FLSTN Heritage Special

FL SAAC

long term investment $1282.51 for an air car

probably will end up out of the usa

Quote from: 68stangcjfb on March 21, 2019, 08:52:24 AM
$1282.51??? HOLY AIR CAR BATMAN!!!😵😵😵😵😵😵 or its getting pop rivited onto someone's Elenor!
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Bob Gaines

Wait until the buyer gets the bright idea of getting a Marti report (the next step) and finds that Kevin will not do it without the Ford VIN also . :o   After a tribute car is built and slid under the tag the tag buyer or maybe a unsuspecting buyer will try to register the car with SAAC and find out the ugly truth not knowing that the SAAC registrar has the 411 on the tag/car.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

mac

I rarely post on the forum, mostly because of minimal knowledge base, but i certainly learn a lot.  This forum is a great benefit to all, the annual publication is very informative, the annual SAAC convention is certainly a lot of fun.  However, protecting the integrity of the marque and putting a spotlight on situations such as this, is the most important benefit to keeping this "club" viable for all Shelby enthusiasts.

FL SAAC

Mr Gaines we are with you 100%

Quote from: Bob Gaines on March 21, 2019, 12:01:22 PM
Wait until the buyer gets the bright idea of getting a Marti report (the next step) and finds that Kevin will not do it without the Ford VIN also . :o   After a tribute car is built and slid under the tag the tag buyer or maybe a unsuspecting buyer will try to register the car with SAAC and find out the ugly truth not knowing that the SAAC registrar has the 411 on the tag/car.   

I have all UNGOLD cars

George Schalk

It's interesting to see that some of the bidders on the auction retracted their bids, possibly because they saw this post. 

I'm sure someone was looking at an opportunity to finally make their Mustang a "Real Shelby".  Unfortunately, the unsuspecting may fall for the high bidders shenanigans, if that is their intent. 

It is more common to see a reproduction tag on a real Shelby than to see an original Shelby vin tag on a "made-up wanna-be" Shelby clone.  BUYER BEWARE!!   

69mach351w

Quote from: Bob Gaines on March 21, 2019, 12:01:22 PM
You are Soooo right!!

chris NOS

well , problem is like this 1968 GT500 yellow existing in europe with no ford vin under the tag , still, somebody bought the car with out checking it !!
it could happen again and The guy who invest those 1280 $  could get some good return on investments , unfortunately !!!
there's always people trying to pass the hot potatoes to the next one .
Last year i met on guy who claim to have a 5000 miles totally original  66 mustang convertible c code for sale , i went inspected the car and figure out it was all false, totally restored , imported from USA in the 80's, i told him, so sorry but you believed the previous seller's farytale and you bought it for too much money, take your pills and sale it for what it is . it looked likes he didn't knew the true ...
Now in 2019 on  our french  "craig list", the car is announced with the exact same farytale by the guy i saw and he knows exactly now ,that is trying to screw somebody else !!!!
Buyers Beware !!!!

CHOPPERS

What could be worse than a re-body? What if the car actually exists? Maybe the tag was from an old shop that had done a restore or repaired front end damage? Just wondering.....

FL SAAC

+ 1

love the way you think !

take a look at the current jim morrison link ;

http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=5229.0

Quote from: chris NOS on March 25, 2019, 04:56:09 AM
well , problem is like this 1968 GT500 yellow existing in europe with no ford vin under the tag , still, somebody bought the car with out checking it !!
it could happen again and The guy who invest those 1280 $  could get some good return on investments , unfortunately !!!
there's always people trying to pass the hot potatoes to the next one .
Last year i met on guy who claim to have a 5000 miles totally original  66 mustang convertible c code for sale , i went inspected the car and figure out it was all false, totally restored , imported from USA in the 80's, i told him, so sorry but you believed the previous seller's farytale and you bought it for too much money, take your pills and sale it for what it is . it looked likes he didn't knew the true ...
Now in 2019 on  our french  "craig list", the car is announced with the exact same farytale by the guy i saw and he knows exactly now ,that is trying to screw somebody else !!!!
Buyers Beware !!!!

I have all UNGOLD cars