Author Topic: Knoxville, TN  (Read 5224 times)

67 GT350

• View Profile
Re: Knoxville, TN
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2019, 10:54:28 PM »
OK here is a tough one. Drugs. We got big problems in NY. Andy seems to think it's OK to legalize gateway drugs and start up huge drug treatment centers to fix it. I am sure it is everywhere, but would like it less in the local news.
RARE  Signature Delete

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2019, 10:57:22 PM »
OK here is a tough one. Drugs. We got big problems in NY. Andy seems to think it's OK to legalize gateway drugs and start up huge drug treatment centers to fix it.

We do that up here. Taking care of these people has become a government industrial complex.

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2019, 08:55:17 AM »
Man! Your right! They are making money off it in NY. I guess until we really want to stop it, it will be here and there. Sad.
RARE  Signature Delete

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2019, 09:33:10 AM »
If you want more of something, subsidize it.

Want less? Tax it.

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2019, 10:33:47 AM »
OK here is a tough one. Drugs. We got big problems in NY. Andy seems to think it's OK to legalize gateway drugs and start up huge drug treatment centers to fix it. I am sure it is everywhere, but would like it less in the local news.

Unfortunately it's prevalent everywhere, and Knoxville's biggest issue is pain killers abuse (Opiates). We live west of Knoxville near Farragut and haven't noticed the Opiate issue firsthand.

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2019, 10:44:40 AM »
We are considering Farragut and close to that. Nice area, do you know if I could get a nice place and either have or build a nice building to hold cars?
RARE  Signature Delete

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2019, 12:31:01 PM »

Yes you can, the exception again is some of the HOA areas have architectural restrictions on garage designs, i.e. style to match house. Size wouldn't be an issue on a larger lot, 2+ acres.  Mine required my garage design match the existing house style, set back needed to be 40 feet from street, and garage doors not facing the street.  None of these restrictions were deal breakers for us, the fact it's a gated private community more than made up for any "hassles".
Another area to consider, especially being a car guy, is the Tellico Village area (S/W of Farragut) which has a big car club. The properties near the lakes are higher priced (if boating is an interest) otherwise most homes are in the 400K- 700K range on 1+ acres. I can refer you to our local RealEstate agent (she lives next door to us) she's low pressure, very diligent in searching for a homes and very easy to get along with. Just let me Frankie if I can help in any way.

~ Steven

stangman39

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2019, 08:33:10 AM »
Just remember if you move South you'll be closer to Pookie!!  ;D

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2019, 09:07:30 AM »
Is that a good or bad thing? Not sure what that is? New here, you know.
RARE  Signature Delete

kjspeed

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2019, 10:59:23 AM »
Go to the SAAC Forum home page and type "pookie" in the search box on the top right. You may be disappointed to leave the drug problems of NY just to find that you're Pookie's neighbor.  :o

*EDIT* "neighbor" as in the same region of the country - I think he is based in Burnsville, NC a mere 117 miles from Knoxville.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 03:54:02 PM by kjspeed »
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2019, 01:50:24 PM »

I was under the impression his domicile was in the Carolina's ?   :-\

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2019, 09:18:17 PM »
Go to the SAAC Forum home page and type "pookie" in the search box on the top right. You may be disappointed to leave the drug problems of NY just to find that you're Pookie's neighbor.  :o

*EDIT* "neighbor" as in the same region of the country - I think he is based in Burnsville, NC a mere 117 miles from Knoxville.
CSX4133......NC stands for North Carolina ::)

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2019, 02:40:29 PM »
Are there lots of places that work on cars, like older cars, newer cars? What are the body shops like? DO they have restoration shops?
RARE  Signature Delete

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2019, 06:49:57 PM »

Lot's of restoration shops, many specialize on specific types of cars (antique, classic,  exotic,  etc) while others lean toward the Hotrod, Restomod side. Paint wise there are SEMA level ($$$$) to excellent OEM paint shops ($$) depending on your need. I haven't found a really good local interior person as yet though. There are a surprising number of shops that don't advertise themselves, all their business is by "word of mouth".

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2019, 09:27:25 AM »
Thats cool! Knoxville sounds like a nice place to live, and NC also! Hard to make up our minds. Also, for all that are worried about us Yankees moving in, don't worry we are not like some in New York!
RARE  Signature Delete