News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Daytona Coupe CSX2287 at Bonneville

Started by sd427, March 12, 2019, 03:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sd427

Does anyone have a list of the records it set?

98SVT - was 06GT

Phil Specter had them all painted on the door.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on March 13, 2019, 12:51:50 AM
Phil Specter had them all painted on the door.

What a righteous picture! I've read about Phil's exploits in this car, but I've never seen a picture showing this artistic skills  ;D

Unfortunately, the stories post this picture are incredibly tragic.  :'(
Nothing beats a classic!

Well Phil's "castle"in Alhambra is on the market.So,if you have 5 large doing nothing.....

SunDude

Like my father, I have just two emotions: Rage and Supressed Rage.

sd427

BGlover67

Great picture!  Funny, this morning I was reading this article:

https://www.fordmuscle.com/features/back-to-the-future-peter-brock-revives-the-daytona-coupe/

I finally understand the difference between the 'American designed Daytona' versus the 'Italian designed Daytona'.  Now I can't unsee the difference in roof lines.  Peter Brock was truly way ahead of his time in car design.  He's a guy I wouldn't mind seeing Hollywood make a movie about.  But who would play him?
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

We had a good time meeting Peter Brock at SAAC Fontana 6 years ago.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Blackcar

2287 is driven around the back lot at the Simeone museum from time to time last was when Dave Macdonald's family was there receiving an award from the foundation. Before being moved from the Father Devine garage at 8th and Pine st closer looks at the car were possible.

mark p

here is the web info from the Museum's site, it simply notes the 23 records set.
https://www.simeonemuseum.org/the-collection/bonneville-salt-flats/1964-shelby-cobra-daytona-coupe

As noted above, at the demonstration days you can walk right up next to it and stick your nose (or camera lens) just about anywhere (after watching it run around the lot). Last year they did a re-enactment of the 12 hours, a couple of pix here:
http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=39.msg22187#msg22187
^^^ that poster also sits next to the car in the Museum's display.

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

tag031

My eyesight is not the best..........but is that a '67 or '68 Mustang in the background, blocked by the Ford F-100? If so, not sure the picture and date line up?

Coralsnake

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: BGlover67 on March 13, 2019, 09:00:51 AMI finally understand the difference between the 'American designed Daytona' versus the 'Italian designed Daytona'. 
I think it would be more correct to say American designed and Italian produced.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Got to see it up close one day, was able look in and around it
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎