Author Topic: C6ZF F carb  (Read 1628 times)

TLea

• View Profile
C6ZF F carb
« on: March 13, 2019, 03:04:55 PM »
I know its a tough one, email me directly
restore@TimLea.com

6s1640

• View Profile
Re: C6ZF F carb
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 08:47:36 PM »
Hi TLea,

This is a tough one.  Short term the C6AF-L for 1966 Ford Galaxie 352 can make a nice substitute.  I expect it was the base carb Ford engineers used to make the ZFF  and ZFC carbs., minus the molded in choke stop.   Add a manual choke and you are good to go for a fraction of the cost.  This is a good carb to make a clone.

Best of luck

Cory

outlawincorporated

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 10:01:03 PM »
TIM.

wish you would have told me a few months ago when we where discussing other parts.  had a perfect original C6ZF-F  with tag.  sold it to a fellow Australian.
let me check around to see if he has buyers remorse or hasn't done anything with it.  you never know

regards.

PHILL BERESFORD.
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 07:09:27 AM »
Thanks Cory and Phill. Only interested in real deal. Phill, too many cars to check out every one until we get them in the door. Bottom line is this is a car that owner and restorer told buyer it was original 4 speed car with original drivetrain. Turns out that was another hook, line and fantasy. Car is supposed to be automatic, motor is cobbled collection of mis matched non original parts, trans obviously wrong and rear end is also wrong. Lot of crooks out there

PR

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 10:16:07 PM »
Good luck with the hunt, it never ends , Pete