Author Topic: hipomustang.com website for sale  (Read 3591 times)

zray

• View Profile
hipomustang.com website for sale
« on: March 14, 2019, 11:10:21 AM »
hipomustang.com  is now up for sale.  any K code enthusiasts want to have a go at it ?  ?  ?

seems like a good opportunity for anyone that cares about the 289 K codes.

Z.

67 GT350

• View Profile
Re: hipomustang.com website for sale
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 11:20:38 AM »
What is it, I went to it and it would not open? I have a 67 that I have been trying to register with the 67 registry and every time I put in all the info, I get a  note saying that the car is already registered to a different owner and The owner that has it registered, informed them that I would be registering it, I gave up on it!
RARE  Signature Delete

zray

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 11:26:14 AM »
when I go to hipomustang.com I'm redirected to a go-daddy page telling me the site is for sale.

Z

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 11:32:30 AM »
Interesting, I wonder how Ford feels about that? In light of the fact, they were shutting down other websites with their trademark names in them. I was afraid for my previous website named “1968cobra”

Heres an opportunity to pay some money and get a free legal mess with your cancelled check!

roddster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 11:36:24 AM »
  Time, and Lawyers, march on......

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 12:56:53 PM »
Just $69.99 plus Commissions or you can get hipomustangs.com for the standard $11.99.  I already own 22 Domain Names and 10 of them (maybe 12) are built into Web Sites that I maintain.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 01:00:40 PM by tesgt350 »

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 02:31:19 PM »
That's just the domain name, getting all the historical data would be the big question... the registry and such.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

zray

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 07:41:11 PM »
I've see no nothing to indicate that the owner(s) of hipo mustang.com has a back up of the former web site, or indeed has any interest in the Mustang world at this point in time.

Z

bluek

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 09:26:10 PM »
I’m not sure it’s actually for sale.  I think you can pay a 1x fee to service to find out if its for sale for you.   What a shame, that site with all the data and history should become a subcategory on this website. 

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 10:50:36 PM »
I've see no nothing to indicate that the owner(s) of hipo mustang.com has a back up of the former web site, or indeed has any interest in the Mustang world at this point in time.

Z

I sent Hank an e-mail a while back asking if the site could be transferred for someone else to keep it going... got no reply.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

zray

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2019, 11:32:18 PM »

Z

I sent Hank an e-mail a while back asking if the site could be transferred for someone else to keep it going... got no reply.

this ^^^^^^^ +1

perhaps "for sale" is the wrong choice of words. The site has been abandoned, much like a car that just blew its motor, and coasted to a stop off the road, never to run again.

I don't really know the true, unvarnished truth, set of circumstances that caused the HiPo site to go offline in the 1st place.. But it's apparent that Hank doesn't have the interest, or wherewithal, or x=unknown, to get it going again.

Z
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 11:33:54 PM by zray »

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 01:33:58 AM »
It would nice if some HIPO experts could resurrect this barn find site. 8)

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2019, 08:53:04 AM »
It would nice if some HIPO experts could resurrect this barn find site. 8)

At this point, it seems that even if the domain name could be bought, it would be starting from scratch. 
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

s2ms

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • 6S1757 Info
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2019, 12:16:27 PM »
+1. Unlike this site, the HiPo forum never recovered from the meltdown and resulting data/information loss it had several years ago.
Dave - 6S1757