News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Intake and Thermostat gaskets for S2MS intake?

Started by silverton_ford, February 08, 2018, 12:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverton_ford

Does anyone have a preferred intake gasket set for an early 1966 S2MS intake?   If so, will you share with me the manufacturer and part number?  I recently used a Felpro gasket, but it either failed or I failed at installing....I had a water leak.

Also, is there a preferred thermostat gasket for the same intake?  I used one from NAPA and it was rather thin.  Once installed using gasket maker it still weeped coolant.  I have been told to just make a gasket out of thicker material.  I may do that, but thought I would ask here if anyone had a better gasket in mind.

Thank you.

silverton_ford

Quote from: In The Doghouse on February 08, 2018, 08:01:37 AM
Did you use the Fel-Pro MS90103-1 intake gaskets, or the MS90116-1 gaskets?

I used the Fel-Pro MS90103-1 gaskets

greekz

I had the same problem a few years ago with my thermostat housing not sealing.  After closely inspecting the housing, I found a small area of wear that prevented the gasket from sealing.  New housing equaled no more leaks.  Worth a close look if you have not already.

Greek
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

gt350hr

Brian,
        I have available a limited amount of original R/M material ( white in color hint hint) intake gasket sets with red ink stamping. I haven't been able to find any thermostat housing gaskets in that material for over 20 years.  PM me for details.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.