Author Topic: Jim Morrison's 67 GT500 AFTER 1969  (Read 43796 times)

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jim Morrison's 67 GT500 AFTER 1969
« Reply #165 on: July 02, 2020, 07:12:24 AM »
I think the classified ad is circumstantial evidence. It doesn't prove the car was seen at posting and not from a phone call from Mr. Morrison.

Is the value of the car that high that it is worth creating it (cloning it I suppose) from any kind of DNA that can be scrapped up?

What's the potential value? Is it in the range of Bullet?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 02, 2020, 07:54:27 AM »
Never ever say that word....sink

Quote from: FL SAAC link=topic=5229.msg94287#msg94287 date=1593686119

[/quote

.[/b][/color]

this till it sinks in.
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 02, 2020, 10:00:42 AM »
Here is a more personal Ray Wolff business card. I believe the shop on the card advertised in the news paper the car for sale back in the day . Who knows what the significance of the typical sill plate emblem is.
I've followed the Morrison story here on the forums since the day the forum started.  I didn't realize the Ray Wolff connection to the story.
Thanks for the info.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

sfm5

• SAAC Member
  • Great White North
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 02, 2020, 10:03:48 AM »
I think the classified ad is circumstantial evidence. It doesn't prove the car was seen at posting and not from a phone call from Mr. Morrison.

Is the value of the car that high that it is worth creating it (cloning it I suppose) from any kind of DNA that can be scrapped up?

What's the potential value? Is it in the range of Bullet?

Hard to say what it would fetch - but being a "celebrity car" has meant more dollars in past auctions, ie: Bullitt & Eleanor. I would guess it would easily be a 7 figure car with, especially once the marketing types flog on all the mystery & intrigue that surrounds the car!
65 GT350

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 02, 2020, 12:18:49 PM »
Whos to say that the plates were not just changed to another 500 back then. Cars were plentiful and maybe it was a way to generate interest in the advertised car? I thought I had found it awhile back, my car is similar... Nightmist blue 67 gt 500 taken off the road in 1971 due to some spirited driving while in a street race. Next came a long nap of 47 years before it saw the light of day. I had it checked by some of our in house experts here and the Beauty and the Beast is just that. Not the Blue Lady ! I know my car was in all the same spots Morrisons car was and had plenty of SEX , DRUGS, and ROCK and ROLL and street racing under its belt, just a distant relative to the BLUE LADY. ;D

Bigblock

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 02, 2020, 01:49:03 PM »
The 67s get all the attention and controversy:

Morrison
Train wreck
Engineering Protos
Super Snake
Hand written VINs

:D

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 02, 2020, 02:40:30 PM »
Once again as stated previously not even the "experts" will be able to tell it's not real. (thats because "experts " have been working on this for years)

The whole world will marvel at this unique find....Jimmys car has been uncovered like the great treasures in the pyramids

Rock on !

This will happen, dont be surprised.

As stated before , this project has been in the works for years.

Not only Mustang / Shelby experts, but many other experts in different non automotive fields are involved. The duplicating and aging the paper work for your paper trail as you mentioned has more than likely been done. You will have witnesses available to testify its validity and existence. This is a major production.

The vehicle may come out as a derelict rebuildable or driveable  with patina. Again years in the making.

Once again all the i will be dotted and all the Ts will be crossed...

Got to go, happy St Patty's day to all !

To be honest, it would not surprise me if this happened. Then it becomes important to have a good paper trail to go with it. Sure there are countless ways to do this, but this car will be scrutinized to no end. I always maintain the truth always comes out. Then we'll see if the Morrison/Courson heirs come after it.

[/quote]
[/quote]

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 02, 2020, 02:52:30 PM »
Orale carnales !

Vimos un wey guiando el auto por toda tijuana, echando polvo estaban los guerros

one more time, the pot with tea is being mixed or has been already brewed with all the correct stamping, vins, intricacies, patina, paperwork,  documentation, witnesses, history, etc. that will be untraceable

why? because an expert, master craftsmanship, member of the guild, true renaissance man will be or has been involved

we call once again shananigans...

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 02, 2020, 03:14:44 PM »
Orale carnales !

Vimos un wey guiando el auto por toda tijuana, echando polvo estaban los guerros

one more time, the pot with tea is being mixed or has been already brewed with all the correct stamping, vins, intricacies, patina, paperwork,  documentation, witnesses, history, etc. that will be untraceable

why? because an expert, master craftsmanship, member of the guild, true renaissance man will be or has been involved

we call once again shananigans...
I for one am not disputing your claims because it is highly plausible. Given your many posts on this subject at the very least a red flag will go up if and when the car surfaces. If you are privy to inside information you may want to discuss it with the 67 Shelby SAAC world registrar Dave Mathews if you haven't already done so. I think that is the responsible thing to do. He would be in a position of authority to possibly not let shenanigans get too much of a head start. That would be better then just posting to the crowd about it IMHO not that we are uninterested about the possible drama.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 05:09:31 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

The Going Thing

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 02, 2020, 06:42:53 PM »

Morrison
Train wreck
Engineering Protos
Super Snake
Hand written VINs

It's also because it's the best looking Shelby mustang... ;)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 02, 2020, 06:49:24 PM »
May we add...the last of the real ones...S H E L B Y...

Morrison
Train wreck
Engineering Protos
Super Snake
Hand written VINs

It's also because it's the best looking Shelby mustang... ;)

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

The Going Thing

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 02, 2020, 06:51:36 PM »
We may..  As for Morrison. I can think of a lot better men I wouldn't mind owning a vehicle they drove.

68krrrr

• SoCal Upland
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 02, 2020, 08:53:05 PM »
Great read thanks for rehashing the thread i never saw it before , as a new owner of a Nighmist blue Parchment 67 gt500 its definitely been on my radar & one of the reasons i sought out  that color combo.I actually just tried to get that same plate # VRD 389 through the CA Dmv but it's not available , i guess they don't reissue them or some one already grabbed it.Even tried for a couple other combo's like BLULADY & MOJORSN & LIZRDKG but everything was taken so just going with a black CA plate random 3 letters & 3 #'S
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 02, 2020, 11:40:20 PM »
Even tried for a couple other combo's like BLULADY & MOJORSN & LIZRDKG but everything was taken

Any of those plates would be cool to have.    8)

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 03, 2020, 12:22:02 AM »
THE END,and you only put the back plate on the car so it is “instructive” as well..... 8)