News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Jim Morrison's 67 GT500 AFTER 1969

Started by Waiting for 939, March 15, 2019, 06:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Missed this one.

No dont believe so, this car has been being worked on for years.
Acquiring the proper year and model, making sure all the I are doted and Ts are crossed properly. This is not something that they started work on a year ago , five years ago. It's been worked on for years. This Jimmy's car has been marinating, aged and massaged until its reveal. The person who has been doing it is also an expert. That is why when it is found no questions will be raised. Years of work, dotting the i and crossing the t...

Quote from: Waiting for 939 on March 15, 2019, 07:18:56 PM
Thank you! I am confident that there are enough experts on this forum that would call out a recreation posing as the original.

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on March 15, 2019, 07:00:01 PM

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

shelbydoug

IF it's real, just wheel it out as found with all the warts. So far, it's just like the tale of the 'Headless Horseman". Just somewhat of an enhanced "Fairy Tale".
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

BGlover67

Michael knows I'm being a wise ass.  You couldn't have grown up in the late '70s early '80s and not have known RUSH.

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Waiting for 939

To be honest, it would not surprise me if this happened. Then it becomes important to have a good paper trail to go with it. Sure there are countless ways to do this, but this car will be scrutinized to no end. I always maintain the truth always comes out. Then we'll see if the Morrison/Courson heirs come after it.

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on March 17, 2019, 10:53:15 AM
Missed this one.

No dont believe so, this car has been being worked on for years.
Acquiring the proper year and model, making sure all the I are doted and Ts are crossed properly. This is not something that they started work on a year ago , five years ago. It's been worked on for years. This Jimmy's car has been marinating, aged and massaged until its reveal. The person who has been doing it is also an expert. That is why when it is found no questions will be raised. Years of work, dotting the i and crossing the t...

Quote from: Waiting for 939 on March 15, 2019, 07:18:56 PM
Thank you! I am confident that there are enough experts on this forum that would call out a recreation posing as the original.

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on March 15, 2019, 07:00:01 PM

shelbydoug

Quote from: BGlover67 on March 17, 2019, 10:59:43 AM
Michael knows I'm being a wise ass.  You couldn't have grown up in the late '70s early '80s and not have known RUSH.

I know who Rush is. I choose to ignore it. Getty Lee, turns my stomach the wrong way but I don't legislate against taste or as it were, bad taste. Rush simply put, sucks.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

This will happen, dont be surprised.

As stated before , this project has been in the works for years.

Not only Mustang / Shelby experts, but many other experts in different non automotive fields are involved. The duplicating and aging the paper work for your paper trail as you mentioned has more than likely been done. You will have witnesses available to testify its validity and existence. This is a major production.

The vehicle may come out as a derelict rebuildable or driveable  with patina. Again years in the making.

Once again all the i will be dotted and all the Ts will be crossed...

Got to go, happy St Patty's day to all !

Quote from: Waiting for 939 on March 17, 2019, 11:23:48 AM
To be honest, it would not surprise me if this happened. Then it becomes important to have a good paper trail to go with it. Sure there are countless ways to do this, but this car will be scrutinized to no end. I always maintain the truth always comes out. Then we'll see if the Morrison/Courson heirs come after it.

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on March 17, 2019, 10:53:15 AM

[/quote]
[/quote]
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Never say never on the original car existing....cars disappear...My own 67 was invisible for 20 years...No DMV,no insurance,nothing...Doesn't mean the car didn't exist...If someone wants to be "low key"it's not hard..food for thought...

DC-DD

:-X

NOW WHY WOULD ANYONE HIDE AWAY A 67  500    :) :D ;D ;)

TransamEd

The Ray's High Performance Center ad is quite interesting. Obviously the Inglewood, West Century address is not to far away (within LA) from the earlier 901 Sepulveda , El Segundo address of Ray Wolffs shop. Could this be Ray Wolffs repair garage or a subcontracted garage later in that 70 period? Or is the owner of Rays HP center known as another Ray?

There is some similarity to Jim Langes Ray Wolff 68 racer being clipped with a 67 Shelby front clip from #2481.

Could be they used crash cars and their front or rear to build another car. Of course the "showroom condition" in the first ad in post #1 speaks against it.
Just saying to trigger another idea that either the front or rear of #939 after the crash was saved for something new.
Anything known about the other 67 GT500 with a licence plate JEK616?

Quote from: shelbydoug on March 17, 2019, 11:29:25 AM
Quote from: BGlover67 on March 17, 2019, 10:59:43 AM

I know who Rush is. I choose to ignore it. Getty Lee, turns my stomach the wrong way but I don't legislate against taste or as it were, bad taste. Rush simply put, sucks.

Saying they "suck" is an ignorant statement.

You are not obviously a musician and do not play an instrument.  If you did, you would at least have respect for the amount of musical talent they have.  That is why that picture I posted above exists.  True musicians know their talent and the level of difficulty it takes to play like them, and most cannot.

You cannot say they "suck".  You do not prefer them and you do not like their music.  Geddy can sing, play bass, and play keyboards (with his feet) all at the same time.  Alex is one of the most technical virtuoso guitarists ever.  Neil Peart is regarded as one of the top 3 drummers of all time.  A lot of people do not like Geddy's voice.  That is why there are so many choices in music, cars....life. It's like saying an L-88 Corvette sucks.  They do not suck, you just prefer Shelbys.

Back to the topic.  I'm assuming that the car does not exist any longer, but I agree with Pete, two words..."Lil Red".

When 1690 was found after 25 years of storage. It went straight from 2nd place Concours at SAAC-6 to this.

Waiting for 939

Thank you!  This this is the kind of idea dialog I was hoping to spark with my initial post. How great would it be to solve a long-standing mystery on the SAAC forum, or is that idea too nieve?

I have not heard anything definitive as to who Ray is. I've tried to search the phone number in online directories and have come up empty. Possibly I have not hit the right one yet, who knows.

I learned about the whole newspapers.com thing because of great guy on another forum. If someone had a car which had California history (plates) he was able to search the license plate, because they required it in adds in CA. Some unknown owner history was discovered this way.   

Quote from: TransamEd on March 17, 2019, 02:50:57 PM
The Ray's High Performance Center ad is quite interesting. Obviously the Inglewood, West Century address is not to far away (within LA) from the earlier 901 Sepulveda , El Segundo address of Ray Wolffs shop. Could this be Ray Wolffs repair garage or a subcontracted garage later in that 70 period? Or is the owner of Rays HP center known as another Ray?

There is some similarity to Jim Langes Ray Wolff 68 racer being clipped with a 67 Shelby front clip from #2481.

Could be they used crash cars and their front or rear to build another car. Of course the "showroom condition" in the first ad in post #1 speaks against it.
Just saying to trigger another idea that either the front or rear of #939 after the crash was saved for something new.
Anything known about the other 67 GT500 with a licence plate JEK616?