Author Topic: Jim Morrison's 67 GT500 AFTER 1969  (Read 43798 times)

capecodmustang.com

• View Profile
Re: Jim Morrison's 67 GT500 AFTER 1969
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2019, 02:30:10 PM »
The registration...

With my history of ownership of the registration I still get calls and emails from people saying they know where the vehicle is.

Awhile back a woman told me it's in a secluded garage covered up and the owner doesn't want to be bothered.

Does anyone recall Mustang Monthly claiming that one of their subscribers purchased the car and it's being restored at a KC body shop?
In their article they named the body shop and within 10 minutes I called the place.
I asked the guy that answered the phone if he could tell me the VIN of the 67 GT 500 that they're restoring.....
It was the only Shelby at the shop.
And it wasn't # 939.

Bret

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2019, 03:12:06 PM »
The registration...

With my history of ownership of the registration I still get calls and emails from people saying they know where the vehicle is.

Awhile back a woman told me it's in a secluded garage covered up and the owner doesn't want to be bothered.

Does anyone recall Mustang Monthly claiming that one of their subscribers purchased the car and it's being restored at a KC body shop?
In their article they named the body shop and within 10 minutes I called the place.
I asked the guy that answered the phone if he could tell me the VIN of the 67 GT 500 that they're restoring.....
It was the only Shelby at the shop.
And it wasn't # 939.

Bret
You never know if it might turn up. We thought little red was lost to the crusher and it just turned up.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

capecodmustang.com

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2019, 03:39:41 PM »
You're right Bob...

Actually over the last month I pulled (3) 67 Shelby's out of barns ...
Nothing in the registry since day #1...

You just never know...
Bret

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2019, 05:24:24 PM »
Not completely on-topic but here is my Jim Morrison story.

I lived and worked for several years in Alexandria Virginia, just a few blocks from George Washington High School, the high school that Jim Morrison attended.

My wife and I were living in a duplex which was built in the '40s. We owned one side and on the other was an older gentlemen who we got along with well and who lived in his side all alone - his wife having long since passed away and their only son also long gone with a family of his own.

The time finally came that the old gentlemen needed to be moved into a nursing facility and the son came to facilitate that. I offered to lend a hand and while loading stuff up I noticed the son's George Washington yearbooks. I asked if I could have a look and searched immediately for Jim Morrison. Found him in what is now a well publicized class photo and pointed it out to the son. He said he remembered Jim well (not a very big school). I was amazed to find out that the son was not at all familiar with The Doors and Jim Morrison's subsequent fame and fortune and early demise  :P

- Phillip

Even further off topic, I discovered one of my professional colleagues lived almost his entire life in Toronto and absolutely no idea who Geddy, Neil and Alex were.

:P

Waiting for 939

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2019, 06:20:00 PM »
His own father was also unaware of much about his son. Watch the video on Youtube of Admiral Morrison's interview about his son. It seems he took little interest in his son's career. Also, In spite of what has been written about Jim and his "estranged" family, he supposedly kept in contact with his siblings all through his days with The Doors. That man has a valuable memento with that George Washington High School yearbook. Especially if Jim signed it.

I lived and worked for several years in Alexandria Virginia, just a few blocks from George Washington High School, the high school that Jim Morrison attended.

My wife and I were living in a duplex which was built in the '40s. We owned one side and on the other was an older gentlemen who we got along with well and who lived in his side all alone - his wife having long since passed away and their only son also long gone with a family of his own.

The time finally came that the old gentlemen needed to be moved into a nursing facility and the son came to facilitate that. I offered to lend a hand and while loading stuff up I noticed the son's George Washington yearbooks. I asked if I could have a look and searched immediately for Jim Morrison. Found him in what is now a well publicized class photo and pointed it out to the son. He said he remembered Jim well (not a very big school). I was amazed to find out that the son was not at all familiar with The Doors and Jim Morrison's subsequent fame and fortune and early demise  :P

- Phillip

68blk500c

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2019, 09:10:38 PM »
gone but painstakingly being recreated....

Personally, I would remain open to the idea.

If you think its been crushed, I have two words for you “little red” 🦄

Disguised as a 1968 some said, others said no way....

Tony:  I am not letting your remark go by without a reply/rather, a correction.  Little Red is not gone.  It is found; it clearly exists, without any question whatsoever.  It is not being recreated; it is being restored!!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2019, 09:27:32 PM »
howdy anonymous 68blk500c

reference was not made on the red car, but on jimmys crushed non existing vehicle

gone but painstakingly being recreated....

Personally, I would remain open to the idea.

If you think its been crushed, I have two words for you “little red” 🦄

Disguised as a 1968 some said, others said no way....

Tony:  I am not letting your remark go by without a reply/rather, a correction.  Little Red is not gone.  It is found; it clearly exists, without any question whatsoever.  It is not being recreated; it is being restored!!
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

propayne

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2019, 09:54:03 PM »
His own father was also unaware of much about his son. Watch the video on Youtube of Admiral Morrison's interview about his son. It seems he took little interest in his son's career. Also, In spite of what has been written about Jim and his "estranged" family, he supposedly kept in contact with his siblings all through his days with The Doors. That man has a valuable memento with that George Washington High School yearbook. Especially if Jim signed it.

Unfortunately the yearbook did not have Morrison's sig.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

6s2020

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2019, 11:37:52 PM »
If #939 does exist today, plenty have probably seen it tucked away, maybe even tried to buy it without even knowing the Shelby #,only to be told it's not for sale. They move on and keep it to themselves.
In fact it may not be that hidden, just not for sale and no info given.
Such was #2020's case, sat for 35years at Donny's shop,(South St, Long Beach CA) and plenty probably tried to buy it and didn't even get as far as the Shelby #.
Nightmist blue and parchment trim don't mean jack all.
I did not even know 2020 was a factory black car until i had bought her..........

BTW those two photos are nearly twenty years apart, 1988 and 2007
Donny owned 2020 for 42yrs and she sat in the one spot from 1977 till 2012 when i got her.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 12:00:07 AM by 6s2020 »

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2019, 09:33:13 AM »

- Phillip

Even further off topic, I discovered one of my professional colleagues lived almost his entire life in Toronto and absolutely no idea who Geddy, Neil and Alex were.

They all raced for GM back in the day??? ;D
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2019, 09:45:19 AM »

- Phillip

They all raced for GM back in the day??? ;D
   NO- but at least they sang about one fine RED BARCHETTA and had the money back then to actually own one. ;)

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2019, 09:52:08 AM »

- Phillip

Who?  :o
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2019, 10:02:35 AM »
Rush

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2019, 10:12:37 AM »

- Phillip

Remember the story of some MYSTERY woman claiming to know the whereabouts of SAID car, and made a phone call to someone, gave some info on it, then quickly hung up. I believe I spoke to that woman and she thought she knew some things, but she was a by product from that era, and partied her entire life which took its toll on her health. I feel she has passed away given her health issues, and the time that has passed. She wasn't nuts just a little foggy about some details, and that car has been accounted for. Under the cover of darkness it was pulled out of storage and the new owner hauled it away for a new lease on life. Where it went is any ones guess, but it was saved. :)

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2019, 10:50:55 AM »
Rush

Rush where? I thought they played for the Leafs?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!