Author Topic: Jim Morrison's 67 GT500 AFTER 1969  (Read 43763 times)

67 GT350

• View Profile
Re: Jim Morrison's 67 GT500 AFTER 1969
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2019, 03:58:41 PM »
I am another vote that Rush is not a good band, if that is musical talent then, WOW. His giddy singing, and the drummer's rifts really are nothing except small change ups. Being"tight" does not make good music. I have a few records in my collection, I do have 2 records that I just have as "collector" records, in case someone what's to hear that... Rush is one and the other is LOL Journey. Anyway, I can make my Shelby look like it has been in the garage for years if I carefully place items all over it also. LOL....Love the stories and pictures.
RARE  Signature Delete

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2019, 04:06:15 PM »
Michael knows I'm being a wise ass.  You couldn't have grown up in the late '70s early '80s and not have known RUSH.

I know who Rush is. I choose to ignore it. Getty Lee, turns my stomach the wrong way but I don't legislate against taste or as it were, bad taste. Rush simply put, sucks.

Saying they "suck" is an ignorant statement.

You are not obviously a musician and do not play an instrument.  If you did, you would at least have respect for the amount of musical talent they have.  That is why that picture I posted above exists.  True musicians know their talent and the level of difficulty it takes to play like them, and most cannot.

You cannot say they "suck".  You do not prefer them and you do not like their music.  Geddy can sing, play bass, and play keyboards (with his feet) all at the same time.  Alex is one of the most technical virtuoso guitarists ever.  Neil Peart is regarded as one of the top 3 drummers of all time.  A lot of people do not like Geddy's voice.  That is why there are so many choices in music, cars....life. It's like saying an L-88 Corvette sucks.  They do not suck, you just prefer Shelbys.

Back to the topic.  I'm assuming that the car does not exist any longer, but I agree with Pete, two words..."Lil Red".

🤔......😎

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2019, 04:11:39 PM »
Thank you!  This this is the kind of idea dialog I was hoping to spark with my initial post. How great would it be to solve a long-standing mystery on the SAAC forum, or is that idea too nieve?

I have not heard anything definitive as to who Ray is. I've tried to search the phone number in online directories and have come up empty. Possibly I have not hit the right one yet, who knows.

I learned about the whole newspapers.com thing because of great guy on another forum. If someone had a car which had California history (plates) he was able to search the license plate, because they required it in adds in CA. Some unknown owner history was discovered this way.   

How do you search ads? I would have thought they were data in an image. Are the transcribed so you can google them?

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2019, 04:14:39 PM »
This will happen, dont be surprised.

As stated before , this project has been in the works for years.

Not only Mustang / Shelby experts, but many other experts in different non automotive fields are involved. The duplicating and aging the paper work for your paper trail as you mentioned has more than likely been done. You will have witnesses available to testify its validity and existence. This is a major production.

The vehicle may come out as a derelict rebuildable or driveable  with patina. Again years in the making.

Once again all the i will be dotted and all the Ts will be crossed...

Got to go, happy St Patty's day to all !

To be honest, it would not surprise me if this happened. Then it becomes important to have a good paper trail to go with it. Sure there are countless ways to do this, but this car will be scrutinized to no end. I always maintain the truth always comes out. Then we'll see if the Morrison/Courson heirs come after it.

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/article/just-a-second-1968-chevrolet-camaro-z-28/

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2019, 04:42:12 PM »
Michael knows I'm being a wise ass.  You couldn't have grown up in the late '70s early '80s and not have known RUSH.

I know who Rush is. I choose to ignore it. Getty Lee, turns my stomach the wrong way but I don't legislate against taste or as it were, bad taste. Rush simply put, sucks.

Saying they "suck" is an ignorant statement.

You are not obviously a musician and do not play an instrument.  If you did, you would at least have respect for the amount of musical talent they have.  That is why that picture I posted above exists.  True musicians know their talent and the level of difficulty it takes to play like them, and most cannot.

You cannot say they "suck".  You do not prefer them and you do not like their music.  Geddy can sing, play bass, and play keyboards (with his feet) all at the same time.  Alex is one of the most technical virtuoso guitarists ever.  Neil Peart is regarded as one of the top 3 drummers of all time.  A lot of people do not like Geddy's voice.  That is why there are so many choices in music, cars....life. It's like saying an L-88 Corvette sucks.  They do not suck, you just prefer Shelbys.

Back to the topic.  I'm assuming that the car does not exist any longer, but I agree with Pete, two words..."Lil Red".

I disagree with your logic. Music is about taste. I don't argue. I just change the channel. Click.  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Waiting for 939

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2019, 04:50:02 PM »
Try their free preview. It's quite cool.

[/quote]

How do you search ads? I would have thought they were data in an image. Are the transcribed so you can google them?
[/quote]

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2019, 05:02:41 PM »
Try their free preview. It's quite cool.

Who's free preview? Google? The newspaper's?

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2019, 07:05:10 PM »
The list of people who have tried to pull off fakes is pretty long. If there really is a conspiracy to reconstruct any car, I guess we will have to wait to see it.

Apparently, at least some forum members think that is a possibilty, I do not.

I think they underestimate the collective knowledge here. I do not, because I have been here from day one and I know how powerful that is....
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 07:09:49 PM by Coralsnake »

Waiting for 939

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2019, 07:39:09 PM »
Agreed. I think because it is a celebrity's car makes it that much more difficult.
Plus, I consider some might not be fans of Morrison and that's fine, but as you stated they are underestimating the knowledge that's obvious on this forum.

The list of people who have tried to pull off fakes is pretty long. If there really is a conspiracy to reconstruct any car, I guess we will have to wait to see it.

Apparently, at least some forum members think that is a possibilty, I do not.

I think they underestimate the collective knowledge here. I do not, because I have been here from day one and I know how powerful that is....

Scott b

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2019, 07:52:34 PM »
The post for this topic is Jim Morrison's shelby. Now we got people debating the band Rush. Can we stay on topic ?

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2019, 07:59:55 PM »
Doors then??? ;D

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2019, 08:36:48 PM »
The post for this topic is Jim Morrison's shelby. Now we got people debating the band Rush. Can we stay on topic ?

Agreed Scott.  How about some video to get everyone talking again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDAmweqwMSM

If it ever does get found, it will have to be considered the coolest celebrity lost/found car ever.  Lil Bastard would be a close second.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

owenkelley

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2019, 09:55:17 PM »
This is a great thread!

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2019, 10:29:36 PM »
I think many Porsche experts think James Dean’s car still exists, just not sure where it is.

chris NOS

• SAAC Member
  • 5S241 actual owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2019, 04:21:12 AM »
the title has been find in Paris in 1971 , I thought it s been for sale sometime but i can't find when , it was on the old forum .....