News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Jim Morrison's 67 GT500 AFTER 1969

Started by Waiting for 939, March 15, 2019, 06:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Quote from: BGlover67 on March 19, 2019, 01:11:20 PM
I think he already is! :)

indeed,  but short of the original post on the first saac website of 1 billion...more than McDonalds...
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on March 19, 2019, 12:23:07 PM
I think Tony wants to be #1 in posts on the forum. LOL

done, but short of the original saac site posts of 1 billion...more than McDonalds...

did you know that tony is also fluent in cantonese ?

char, chin chin, bok choy, chow main, chop suey, chop shop...

let's get back on topic the non existing jimmy morrison shelby someone wants to or is recreating already topic...

I have all UNGOLD cars

TransamEd

I assume Dave meanwhile used his tools to search the registry (hidden files) for the other JEK616 in that sales ad to find out, if that trace would take the case any further.

I wonder also if someone knows the further history line of Ray Wolffs shop at El Segundo after 68/69 through the 70ies and if there were any linked garages, that could be called Ray's Hi Performance center without being "sued" by Ray Wolff in his neighbourhood along Sepulveda Freeway.

So the question remains if one can look up the business background of this advertising Ray just to add more to the research or skip this.

Waiting for 939

From what I have seen Ray Wolff was at Hi-Performance Motors. There was an add where he was looking for salesmen for Cobras and Shelbys. This was Carroll Shelby and Lew Spencer's place correct? Did he leave that business and start his own not far away in Inglewood?

Quote from: TransamEd on March 19, 2019, 03:33:54 PM
I assume Dave meanwhile used his tools to search the registry (hidden files) for the other JEK616 in that sales ad to find out, if that trace would take the case any further.

I wonder also if someone knows the further history line of Ray Wolffs shop at El Segundo after 68/69 through the 70ies and if there were any linked garages, that could be called Ray's Hi Performance center without being "sued" by Ray Wolff in his neighbourhood along Sepulveda Freeway.

So the question remains if one can look up the business background of this advertising Ray just to add more to the research or skip this.

TransamEd

This link clearly shows that he raced in 1968 under the name of Ray's Hi-Performance Center.
http://www.racingsportscars.com/driver/results/Ray-Wolff-USA.html

Obviously it makes sense that Ray Wolff has a link with that sales ad to the licence plate code of the Morrison car.
One step further ;)

6s2020

That Add for the 67 Shelby sure is interesting...anything is possible.
Ray Wolff (also seen it as Ray Wolfe) was General Manager at HI-PO Motors
He picked up 6S2020 from SAI after two months of "storage" 12/30/66 ( maybe thats when 2020 got the motor from 5R540)....Ray Wolff, General Manager/Racer at Hi-Po Motors................?
2020 went back and forth from SAI and HI-PO Motors about three times between 7/11/66 and 2/28/67
Became a Company car at SAI, and never sold through a dealer to the public.
Howard thinks an employee bought 2020 when LAX shut down.

Waiting for 939

Wow, and there it is. Very cool.

Quote from: TransamEd on March 20, 2019, 02:22:27 AM
This link clearly shows that he raced in 1968 under the name of Ray's Hi-Performance Center.
http://www.racingsportscars.com/driver/results/Ray-Wolff-USA.html

Obviously it makes sense that Ray Wolff has a link with that sales ad to the licence plate code of the Morrison car.
One step further ;)

Waiting for 939

All I hear is crickets in here since the Ray Wolff revelation. What happened?

FL SAAC

nothing to say about something that doesn't exist

I have all UNGOLD cars

Waiting for 939

That's 1969 status quo and we are already past that. I predict the bandwidth is smoking looking for the name Wolff.

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on March 21, 2019, 02:37:27 PM

shelbydoug

Quote from: Waiting for 939 on March 21, 2019, 03:14:21 PM
That's 1969 status quo and we are already past that. I predict the bandwidth is smoking looking for the name Wolff.

"We" aren't past that. You are. Maybe it's hidden in the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine?  8)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Waiting for 939

Like weird scenes inside the gold mine?  8)

Quote from: shelbydoug on March 21, 2019, 04:14:03 PM

"We" aren't past that. You are. Maybe it's hidden in the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine?  8)

shelbydoug

Quote from: Waiting for 939 on March 21, 2019, 05:25:29 PM

No. Like finding that mine is as likely as finding that car. The highest probability is that neither exist.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Waiting for 939

I realize you are known for your snarky comments. You know the best thing about those are. It puts the post back on top. Thanks!

Quote from: shelbydoug on March 21, 2019, 07:47:09 PM
Quote from: Waiting for 939 on March 21, 2019, 05:25:29 PM

No. Like finding that mine is as likely as finding that car. The highest probability is that neither exist.

I love this story.

Whether something comes from it or not, I am clicking on the thread every time.

Just wait till EightBarrel sees it! He'll will light up the clickcount.