Author Topic: Jim Morrison's 67 GT500 AFTER 1969  (Read 43774 times)

roddster

• View Profile
Re: Jim Morrison's 67 GT500 AFTER 1969
« Reply #180 on: July 03, 2020, 11:14:58 AM »
  Of course, if past history has lead us to believe:  If some well moneyed current or brand new owner has it, he can wittle any story about the car he wants too.  We are supposed to swallow it.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 03, 2020, 01:14:46 PM »
THE END...that was what an LA detective who had first hand knowledge told us many years ago happened to this particular car. We had posted this on the original SAAC website.

That is why we are adamant, that if it does show up it will be the very best replica ever presented to mankind. No one, will be able to tell the difference. Everyone will be nodding and applauding it's return from the ashes.

THE END,and you only put the back plate on the car so it is “instructive” as well..... 8)
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 03, 2020, 02:58:16 PM »
NOT JIMS would work too?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 03, 2020, 03:52:45 PM »
What do  you all think of....D.O.A.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

68krrrr

• SoCal Upland
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 03, 2020, 07:07:30 PM »
I like THE END I'll give it a try
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 03, 2020, 07:31:01 PM »

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 04, 2020, 08:10:03 AM »
As I was "fermenting" over night, a vision came to me. I was in a desert and an Indian ( oh boy, sorry about that ment to say native American) came up to me and handed  me these three tags for Jimmys non existing car:

NO PULSE

X-PIRED

NUTRLZD

But we still like D. O. A.  best

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Waiting for 939

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 04, 2020, 02:26:48 PM »
THE END...that was what an LA detective who had first hand knowledge told us many years ago happened to this particular car. We had posted this on the original SAAC website."

"That is why we are adamant, that if it does show up it will be the very best replica ever presented to mankind. No one, will be able to tell the difference. Everyone will be nodding and applauding it's return from the ashes."

I'm glad to see this topic is still going along with all the varied opinions. This was my intention for my original post: to keep the dialog going.

I would be curious to know what the LA Detective actually said about the car with first hand knowledge.

When I hear this type of thing it makes me think of what Jim's bodyguard Tony Funches was quoted in a story about the search for this car.  “I’ve told everyone the same thing for years. It got towed after it was totaled. It went to the shredder and is lost forever to early recycling. That’s what junkyards do, did do, will do.”

Jim's former brother-in-law Alan Graham, told the story about the car disappearing from LAX in 1969. So there are two people close to Jim Morrison whose stories can be disputed by the for sale adds.

To the question about the license plate being used on another 1967 GT500. It could be entirely possible but I feel unlikely. What I have learned is at that time the license plates were sold with the vehicle. This is how I learned that car collectors can track a car's provenance in California by searching for sale adds via Newspapers.com.

The last story I heard about this particular car around the time of my OP, is this. The car still exists. It was purchased long before it was ever known to be Jim Morrison's car. It was sitting outside for years and still may be. It is in very poor condition. The person who owned the car has passed on and a car collector has been trying to buy the car for years from the family. This was told to me second hand but was told in a time-frame that the information was current at that time of my OP.

I have since been waiting for any type of further news to emerge toward that story to prove it so. Maybe the scenario about the car being reproduced and documented could be true. Maybe I am naive, but I have faith that the Shelby experts will be able verify or disprove any car that shows up purported to be the Blue Lady.

One last thought. The known registration states Jim Morrison C/O Johnson and Harband. So who actually owned the car?       

« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 08:44:35 PM by Waiting for 939 »

TransamEd

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 05, 2020, 07:19:28 AM »
Just to add some "flesh"to the other address of Ray Wolffs garage in El Segundo:

The Going Thing

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 05, 2020, 10:57:31 AM »
Answer to question #1 and #2. Who cares?

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 05, 2020, 12:42:26 PM »
Answer to question #1 and #2. Who cares?

Keith, not everyone hates Jim Morrison.

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #191 on: July 05, 2020, 01:15:06 PM »
agent provocateur
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

The Going Thing

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 05, 2020, 04:05:50 PM »
I don't hate him either.  However, he's certainly no hero. That's all I was saying.  I did think enough to take a picture of his headstone while I was in France.

As for Chris: I'm not in Canada. We don't live under an oppressive government federally speaking. That means the first amendment still applies.
As a caveat: My favorite band is Canadian.   I have seen RUSH 14 times.  So all isn't bad.  I  just don't care for druggies.
Oh, and have a nice day!

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #193 on: July 05, 2020, 04:23:41 PM »
I don't hate him either.  However, he's certainly no hero. That's all I was saying.  I did think enough to take a picture of his headstone while I was in France.

As for Chris: I'm not in Canada. We don't live under an oppressive government federally speaking. That means the first amendment still applies.
As a caveat: My favorite band is Canadian.   I have seen RUSH 14 times.  So all isn't bad.  I  just don't care for druggies.
Oh, and have a nice day!

Smoking a big fatty as I read this...

Only 14 times....newbie...  ;D

Agent Provocateur is Foreigner not Rush  ;)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 04:26:01 PM by Chris Thauberger »
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

The Going Thing

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 05, 2020, 04:50:03 PM »

Oh, and have a nice day!

Smoking a big fatty as I read this...

Only 14 times....newbie...  ;D

Agent Provocateur is Foreigner not Rush  ;)

Well, Chris. I know you're a pretty smart guy.. For a Canadian. ;D  However, I wasn't linking the song but the group to Canucktada.  My favorite is RUSH.
Yes, Agent Provocateur was sung Foreigner, and of course we know that the Agent Provocateur in this case had nothing to do with either of the aforementioned. It was a underhanded comment. I'm pretty smart for a white guy too.  8)