News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67 GT500 OIL FILTER ADAPTER ENGINEERING NUMBER

Started by Mike James, March 16, 2019, 05:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike James

What is the correct engineering number for an oil filter adapter for my car, built date January?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Mike James on March 16, 2019, 05:22:22 PM
What is the correct engineering number for an oil filter adapter for my car, built date January?
C0AE-A
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

cbrown

Did original adapters have engineering numbers stamped into the housings ?   

Chris

Mike James

Yes they have the engineering number on them
Lots of C0 and C8 versions

cbrown

I need to let you all know I thought you were talking about the oil cooler adapter for the a/c cars.   I had one laying on my bench  I guess I had that on the brain. 

chris

Bob Gaines

Quote from: cbrown on March 17, 2019, 07:17:26 PM
I need to let you all know I thought you were talking about the oil cooler adapter for the a/c cars.   I had one laying on my bench  I guess I had that on the brain. 

chris
Surrrrrrre . We believe you . ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

I've got a C8 with a May  February 67 casting date.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbydoug on March 18, 2019, 07:01:09 AM
It's got the CJ oil passage
Others can hog out the C0AE one if need be . That is if you want to go the more difficult original looking route.