News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Mystery Pieces Need ID

Started by acman63, March 17, 2019, 12:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acman63

Ive had these in the back bins for many years.  They were painted a brown color.  If memory serves me we parted out a 70 fastback  many moons ago. They may have come off that.  Anyone have any ideas?
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

Sfm6sxxx

6S1114

Tired Sheep

67 GT350

Whoever said a picture is worth 1000 words.....said a lot...lol
RARE  Signature Delete

acman63

thought they were attached  well if at first you dont succeed
SAAC Concours Chairman

Chad

They look like the chrome pieces that go on the top of the interior rear 1/4 panels in a 65/66 mustang with pony interior.  If I am correct what do I win? ;)

silverton_ford

Quote from: Chad on March 21, 2019, 01:49:53 PM
They look like the chrome pieces that go on the top of the interior rear 1/4 panels in a 65/66 mustang with pony interior.  If I am correct what do I win? ;)

That is what I would say too.   I think they are coupe only.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/scott-drake-quarter-trim-cap-interior-pair-coupe-1965-1966/p/HW1490/?gclid=CjwKCAjw7MzkBRAGEiwAkOXexCU50DCipKmn29mBHIkoNEwNvolPY1VzNMQMNKkt2DXv0MyisfDICBoClYAQAvD_BwE

KR Convertible

The 65/66 quarter trim caps don't have the grain.  They are smooth and chrome plated.  Could be similar part for a later car.

mustmore

Appears to be 69/70 fastback trim cap at quarter window.  I think there was more than 1 style.  Not
sure if it was by factory or date.  Ford basic part number 31490
Sue

acman63

Quote from: mustmore on March 21, 2019, 04:12:43 PM
Appears to be 69/70 fastback trim cap at quarter window.  I think there was more than 1 style.  Not
sure if it was by factory or date.  Ford basic part number 31490
Sue

Thanks,  I had a 70 Mach 1 in here with that color interior , bet thats where the came from - Hada hard time finding anything good on it it was so rusted
SAAC Concours Chairman

Krelboyne

I know this one.

Ford called this part a "Cap - quarter trim panel upper". All 1967-68 Mercury Cougar and also used on 1968 Ford Mustang coupe with deluxe interior or with body code 65B.
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC