News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Color Change on Judged concours

Started by acman63, March 19, 2019, 03:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustmore

Most of the issues that are addressed about concours judging could be eliminated by having
the written rules or judging sheets available to the membership.  The owner of the car or restorer
could then be aware of issues and correct problems or at least ask questions to get to a
better outcome BEFORE presenting the car.

Every other car club that I belong to has these documents available

Sue

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: mustmore on March 20, 2019, 12:45:17 PM
Most of the issues that are addressed about concours judging could be eliminated by having
the written rules or judging sheets available to the membership.  The owner of the car or restorer
could then be aware of issues and correct problems or at least ask questions to get to a

Sue

Interestingly enough they are available if you ask.

Best advice is 'if your not sure, ask'.

Chris
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

acman63

Sue

They are for the asking but they are always the previous years sheets
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

CharlesTurner

Sue

Are you volunteering to help with that???    :) :) :)

Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Rodster-500

Quote from: CharlesTurner on March 20, 2019, 01:56:07 PM

Sue

Are you volunteering to help with that???    :) :) :)

Who would want to volunteer with such a boondoggle?

I know for a fact, a couple of years ago someone made the suggestion to post the rules and regulations and even wrote up some basic info and it went nowhere.  That person was a volunteer and has left in frustration.

Concours is only part of the bigger problem.   

The bigger problem is the club Bored of Directing.

Bigfoot

Quote from: EdwardGT350 on March 20, 2019, 11:26:14 AM
clear coating should also be a deduction as it never left the factory that way. not a big deduction just 1 point. the car can still score 99 out of 100, it just shouldnt be judged 100 pt perfect car.
single stage paints are still available.

Some later colors Do look great with a coat of clear...
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

mustmore

In response to reply #33

SURE  I've helped with writing the rules and judging sheets for other clubs.  It's just
tedious work that needs to be done with the cooperation of others to double check
the product.

I would like to see the current rules/sheets if they are available as stated.

Thanks
Sue

CharlesTurner

Jim C can provide the judging sheets

Quote from: mustmore on March 20, 2019, 11:15:35 PM
In response to reply #33

SURE  I've helped with writing the rules and judging sheets for other clubs.  It's just
tedious work that needs to be done with the cooperation of others to double check
the product.

I would like to see the current rules/sheets if they are available as stated.

Thanks
Sue
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Coralsnake

TLea

Quote from: Coralsnake on March 21, 2019, 09:42:27 AM
My lip is bleeding...
Is the blood red or another available blood color?

Chris Thauberger

Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Mike Shally

Jim I'm willing to help with the 68 class or work with a group.
Mike  Shally
original owner, 68 Shelby judge, MCA Gold Card Judge, MCACN Shelby Judge

tgilliam

This is a good place for me to jump in and say I really appreciate all the volunteers who help make the SAAC annual conventions possible. I do not get to attend every year but have attended numerous times. I have always gotten a great deal of enjoyment from these from these events. Since I have a strong passion for these special 1960's era cars that SAAC helps create a common platform for "US" to enjoy the cars with facts and opinions alike and present our own personal interpretations without undo ridicule.
Some people like the challenge of reaching a high level of restoration of these cars and then obtaining an objective measure of their efforts. It requires a lot of effort, time and money to get the car ready and additional effort to find out the "ins & outs" of attending shows and having their car judged. This is a choice and for those people it is a sign of their passion for their car. On the other hand, the volunteers required to organize the show, establish guidelines to judge by, work with car owners, the public, Sunday morning and Monday morning quarterbacks and 50 other things that unexpectedly happen during a show event get their satisfaction by providing a service to others and seeing really nice cars up close and personal. It is a thankless job that I want to express my sincere appreciation for. Just the opportunity to have people that are "the known experts" on our cars offer their services is outstanding and not found in many other situations. All judges and Volunteers I THANK YOU WITH THE UPMOST PREJUDICE.
Everyone can enjoy our Club, the cars and fellowship of other owners. Everyone does not have to have a concours level car. Everyone has the opportunity to personalize their car as they see fit and still be fully accepted within our community. However, it takes individuals willing to give their time and effort to have a club and have events we can all enjoy. I encourage everyone to remember that fact when we share with each other.

Tom Gilliam

TOBKOB

+1...   My 1st SAAC Meet was SAAC 42 in Indy and I really appreciate the effort put forth by everyone involved. I had my '69 judged and I must say everyone I had the opportunity to interact with was very nice, helpful and professional. I agree if you have never assisted in an endeavor such as this then you shouldn't be belly aching. Again my thanks to all the volunteers who give so much of their time. I wanted to attend last year and again this year but I had a Grand Daughter born last June and another one due this June. Family comes before cars so maybe next year... :)Just my 2 cents.

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

TJinSA

I would LOVE to have my car originally white, or blue... or red; but as Kermit the Frog said, "It's hard to be Green".  I agree whole heartedly with the appreciation expressed for the judges, volunteers, Event Masters.  I also support the points deduction for non-original color; same year or otherwise.  If you want to compete with your blue car, start off with a blue car.

Tom Kubler
6S296