Author Topic: Shelby Prices at Auction  (Read 11386 times)

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
Re: Shelby Prices at Auction
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2019, 10:00:47 PM »
I apologize for my remarks, but perhaps you want to reread your posts above concours cars? People with those cars and lesser gods?

Not really sure how any of that fits in. Regardless, its probably time for a break. Im sure others would be happy to answer your questions.

I hear Florida has a great group of guys

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2019, 10:21:58 PM »
therein lies the situation...

It was just an observation , and everyone who owns one on this site seems to think theres is the holy grail, this is why I don't comment on anything, nothing like being picked a part by six experts...an I disagree on the auctions, at times collections are sold with some very nice cars, this is also why I haven't bought one...you should get it inspected, to have an expert tell you what you got, has there every been a car more picked over than the older Shelbys...I think there is a lot of good information here, but this isn't the place unless you have concourse car with the gods stamps of approval,,,not renewing my membership for sure.....
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2019, 10:23:12 PM »
You know Pete I've talked with you several times, I can say all I asked was a question, the sarcasm is totally uncalled for. I didn't know you ran this site and the saac, but thank you for inviting me to go.....as you put it....I'm only 59 but someday hope to have the knowledge of your experts.....that can argue for an hour over a hose clamp,,,no disrespect was intended but no ass kissing either...treat each other with respect instead of sarcasm is my advice. Thank you for taking the time in the past to answer my questions, ( which I'm sure you've answered a hundred times before) but you won't be bothered in the future by common folk like me....best wishes
With all due respect I think you may be taking the post too personally and should take a second look at how you felt you were slighted. I for one don't see any sarcasm in reply #1 which is what you responded to. I do see in the 1st sentence of the post frustration (not sarcasm) from Pete because of the general painting of a broad brush the sale of one or more car without any other facts for comparison. This a common occurrence that you are not alone in participating in.  Sentence #2 is logical delivered fact and not sarcasm . It may be common knowledge to any well versed enthusiast or professional but the logical information was delivered in precise few words with no room for sarcasm. The 3rd sentence was indicated as personal opinion and only had the reasons for the opinion and nothing directed at you . You will only be hurting yourself if for one you think Pete was dissing you on purpose or otherwise and if you separate yourself from a valuable resource like this forum and the great people that contribute and participate here . The same can be said about ending your support for SAAC by discontinuing membership and all of the valuable advantages it helps provide. I think it is in your best interest to reconsider. I hope you do.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2019, 10:23:35 PM »
and again....

You know Pete I've talked with you several times, I can say all I asked was a question, the sarcasm is totally uncalled for. I didn't know you ran this site and the saac, but thank you for inviting me to go.....as you put it....I'm only 59 but someday hope to have the knowledge of your experts.....that can argue for an hour over a hose clamp,,,no disrespect was intended but no ass kissing either...treat each other with respect instead of sarcasm is my advice. Thank you for taking the time in the past to answer my questions, ( which I'm sure you've answered a hundred times before) but you won't be bothered in the future by common folk like me....best wishes

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2019, 10:25:25 PM »
why do you mention Florida?

you are so infatuated and envious of us...

I apologize for my remarks, but perhaps you want to reread your posts above concours cars? People with those cars and lesser gods?

Not really sure how any of that fits in. Regardless, its probably time for a break. Im sure others would be happy to answer your questions.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Steve Z

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2019, 10:26:36 PM »
    I dont comment on this forum very much, probably because of my lack of knowledge of the cars themselves. I am just shy of 59 , but I am fortunate enough to be able to have a few of these cars of my own. It is one persons choice if they want to have a Concours Car or a Daily driver or a Restomod. Lets not condemn the purist that have and preserve this site for all of us to enjoy.
    There is a lot of knowledge and research that has been done by many SAAC members. Thou some might be older than others, i think all have put there time in. Enjoy the site and keep enjoying the cars , if they go up in Value or not. Thank Steve
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 10:49:45 PM by Steve Z »

acman63

• View Profile
    • Shelby Parts and Restoration  since 1977
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2019, 10:27:44 PM »
    I dont comment on this forum very much, probably because of my lack of knowledge of the cars themselves. I am just shy of 59 , but I am fortunate enough to be able to have a few of these cars of my own. It is one persons choice if they want to have a Concours Car or a Daily driver or a Restored. Lets not condemn the purist that have and preserve this site for all of us to enjoy.
    There is a lot of knowledge and research that has been done by many SAAC members. Thou some might be older than others, i think all have put there time in. Enjoy the site and keep enjoying the cars , if they go up in Value or not. Thank Steve

+  Plus Many!  These cars are fun no matter what you do with them
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2019, 10:28:03 PM »
just keep driving members away with your sarcasm and superiority complex

great job, winner !

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2019, 10:40:07 PM »
I like driving mine,like a speedboat on the road with all that torque...different feeling...As far as value,it was cheap when I bought it and I will likely never sell it,so what’s the point? Fun is underrated IMHO,so if it’s not fun anymore (or makes you angry) why do it?

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2019, 10:54:49 PM »
We have so many diverse people,with so much knowledge of different things, it would be wonderful if we could stick to our expertise with out wandering off to insult others.  God knows we have car show experts- Worlds greatest 68 experts- Those that hate certain rock bands :-[, Those that hate 67s with stripes. Point being is, if those people stuck to their expertise without constant condemnation of others, it would be a better place for all. In the scheme of things we all like different things, car shows, rock bands, worlds greatest 68s etc. All these things are put out there for knowledge and understanding if your into any of it. If your not don't look at it, don't comment on it and just move along. Common sense doesn't seem common these days. To those that are pissed off, try to give it a little more time before giving us the number one salute. :-\

Steve Z

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2019, 11:14:03 PM »
    Lets all keep in mind that the economy is not what it use to be , which greatly affects the car market. Just my opinion. But what goes up must come down and then go up again. Maybe just to start another topic , lets talk about cars of the late 60's and early 70's. I think they will hold there values more than the 40's and 50's before this craze dies out. Look at the classic car market in 2008 when the stock market was down.

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2019, 11:14:41 PM »
why do you mention Florida?

you are so infatuated and envious of us...

Florida is a beautiful state. I was down there for the Rolex 24 when the Ford GT first raced in 2016. Amazing weather and Palm trees in late January as I recall.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2019, 12:08:18 AM »
just keep driving members away with your sarcasm and superiority complex

great job, winner !

Take it easy eleanor, your driving a bit fast for road conditions...
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2019, 08:28:00 AM »
We have so many diverse people,with so much knowledge of different things, it would be wonderful if we could stick to our expertise with out wandering off to insult others.  God knows we have car show experts- Worlds greatest 68 experts- Those that hate certain rock bands :-[, Those that hate 67s with stripes.

:o
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2019, 08:40:49 AM »
If the economy was what it used to be like in 1980, 66's would be 5500$ 67's would be 2500$, I personally liked that, but I also remember double digit interest rates. In the late 90's BJ made sure cars were crazy, lots of instant lottery winners with cars they had that were bringing stupid money. I didn't like that. It was not a good economy, it was bad bank loans and people using home equity loans that bought those 250K$ cars in the day, then guess what, nobody could pay those loans. Since then all presidents just kicked the can down the road. Fast Forward to now, we got an outsider trying to fix all these things but the standards, both sides, don't want that. So here we are today, the cars are coming down in value, I think that will make if better! Also, remember, kids don't know how to shift, they don't know how to work on a car, they don't care about older cars, they are a responsibility you know. They also don't want to own anything anymore.
RARE  Signature Delete