News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Shelby Prices at Auction

Started by cutter, March 19, 2019, 03:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

+ 1

Quote from: shelbydoug on March 20, 2019, 08:28:00 AM
Quote from: 427heaven on March 19, 2019, 10:54:49 PM
We have so many diverse people,with so much knowledge of different things, it would be wonderful if we could stick to our expertise with out wandering off to insult others.  God knows we have car show experts- Worlds greatest 68 experts- Those that hate certain rock bands :-[, Those that hate 67s with stripes.

:o
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

cutter

totally agree with deathsled and Frankie, this is how I look at the situation, I don't live on this site so I wouldn't have seen something posted two weeks ago, just making a comment in passing, which turned a few knobs the wrong way I guess...thanks again

Bigfoot

Quote from: 427heaven on March 19, 2019, 10:54:49 PM
We have so many diverse people,with so much knowledge of different things, it would be wonderful if we could stick to our expertise with out wandering off to insult others.  God knows we have car show experts- Worlds greatest 68 experts- Those that hate certain rock bands :-[, Those that hate 67s with stripes. Point being is, if those people stuck to their expertise without constant condemnation of others, it would be a better place for all. In the scheme of things we all like different things, car shows, rock bands, worlds greatest 68s etc. All these things are put out there for knowledge and understanding if your into any of it. If your not don't look at it, don't comment on it and just move along. Common sense doesn't seem common these days. To those that are pissed off, try to give it a little more time before giving us the number one salute. :-\

Wurd
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

We always seem to have a lot of economists here......
I think the spirit of where this thread is going is that we should talk about cars and keep each conversation fun and about cars.

And we don't need bashing and we don't need an economist and we need more enthusiasm like we had years ago.

Cant we please stick to our F___\\ knitting......
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

TOBKOB

Like the others I think by leaving you are cutting off your nose to spite your face but that being said, if anyone is buying the cars just to turn a profit then unless you get an exceptional buy on a Shelby I doubt if you will realize a large profit if any. The reason to own a Shelby is to enjoy it and the hobby as a whole. Just my 2cents worth   :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

FL SAAC

+ 1

Quote from: TOBKOB on March 20, 2019, 09:48:18 AM
Like the others I think by leaving you are cutting off your nose to spite your face but that being said, if anyone is buying the cars just to turn a profit then unless you get an exceptional buy on a Shelby I doubt if you will realize a large profit if any. The reason to own a Shelby is to enjoy it and the hobby as a whole. Just my 2cents worth   :)

TOB

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Very well expressed  + 1

Quote from: Bigfoot on March 20, 2019, 09:45:31 AM
We always seem to have a lot of economists here......
I think the spirit of where this thread is going is that we should talk about cars and keep each conversation fun and about cars.

And we don't need bashing and we don't need an economist and we need more enthusiasm like we had years ago.

Cant we please stick to our F___\\ knitting......

I have all UNGOLD cars

NC TRACKRAT

The OP's question was about the trend of certain Shelby vehicles at auction and I think it's important for the OP to understand that there are various factors affecting bidders:
1) They may have had too much to drink/or not 2) Someone else wants that same vehicle and ego gets in the equation or no one else showed up that wants the vehicle 3) The quality of the restoration/survivor 4) The history of the vehicle 5) The color of the vehicle 6) The location of the auction 7) When the vehicle is scheduled to cross the block. 8) How desperate the owner is to sell 9) What's the "latest and greatest hot ticket" 10) time of the month/position of the Moon and Stars 11) Whether or not the bidder's wife is with him...or his girlfriend...or, Heaven forbid, both! ;)
5S071, 6S1467

Side-Oilers

Quote from: NC TRACKRAT on March 20, 2019, 04:14:52 PM
The OP's question was about the trend of certain Shelby vehicles at auction and I think it's important for the OP to understand that there are various factors affecting bidders:
1) They may have had too much to drink/or not 2) Someone else wants that same vehicle and ego gets in the equation or no one else showed up that wants the vehicle 3) The quality of the restoration/survivor 4) The history of the vehicle 5) The color of the vehicle 6) The location of the auction 7) When the vehicle is scheduled to cross the block. 8) How desperate the owner is to sell 9) What's the "latest and greatest hot ticket" 10) time of the month/position of the Moon and Stars 11) Whether or not the bidder's wife is with him...or his girlfriend...or, Heaven forbid, both! ;)

+1 on all that.  And don't forget the aggressive hyping, teases, and circus atmosphere that makes many men empty their wallets like they were at a supermodel strip club.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

427heaven

Quote from: Side-Oilers on March 20, 2019, 04:31:29 PM
Quote from: NC TRACKRAT on March 20, 2019, 04:14:52 PM
Agree to all that..... The bottom line is if they want that particular car they are going home with it, AHHH Auctions can be awesome. ;D

+1 on all that.  And don't forget the aggressive hyping, teases, and circus atmosphere that makes many men empty their wallets like they were at a supermodel strip club.

Don't think an auction is the place if you want a good honest car..Kind of a "wham bam thank you mam" sort of thing IMHO..These things take,time ,research and close inspection if you don't want buyers remorse..Instant gratification is great and all but maybe not the best course of action if you want to find a good car. 8)

cutter

Hear that Florida is nice??....I just asked a simple question....the very first response was...how many times are we going to revisit this,,,to that I would say...every-time there is an auction. and to criticize because concourse...was missing an E....I'm sorry is sarcasm,, smartass, whatever you choose...I never made any comments to be rude, just asking a fair question, I'm not butt hurt over anything, but I'll call it as it is....I meant no disrespect to any senior member, but remember, its a website, with people on a computer behind a keyboard, there are many shelby sites one can get bashed on for free...who needs the aggravation...I would never purchase a older shelby and tell anyone here...I'm sure there are many many great members, but if you want to run of newbies....your doing a hell of a job...no worries....best wishes....

TOBKOB

I went back and re-read the first 4 post and number 4 post by cutter is the first one to cross the line on civility. This is and will continue to be an ongoing topic because the prices are continually fluctuating so no reason to be offended by this reference. JMHO

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: cutter on March 20, 2019, 10:44:21 PM
Hear that Florida is nice??....I just asked a simple question....the very first response was...how many times are we going to revisit this,,,to that I would say...every-time there is an auction. and to criticize because concourse...was missing an E....I'm sorry is sarcasm,, smartass, whatever you choose...I never made any comments to be rude, just asking a fair question, I'm not butt hurt over anything, but I'll call it as it is....I meant no disrespect to any senior member, but remember, its a website, with people on a computer behind a keyboard, there are many shelby sites one can get bashed on for free...who needs the aggravation...I would never purchase a older shelby and tell anyone here...I'm sure there are many many great members, but if you want to run of newbies....your doing a hell of a job...no worries....best wishes....

I was in the washroom, what did I miss...  :o
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI