Author Topic: Shelby Prices at Auction  (Read 11387 times)

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Shelby Prices at Auction
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2019, 09:54:07 AM »
We always seem to have a lot of economists here......
I think the spirit of where this thread is going is that we should talk about cars and keep each conversation fun and about cars.

And we don’t need bashing and we don’t need an economist and we need more enthusiasm like we had years ago.

Cant we please stick to our F___\\ knitting......

Needlepoint!  8)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

SFM6S

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2019, 10:39:12 AM »
Basketweaving

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2019, 10:48:59 AM »
One thing we can count on with the bulk of this group is... How much is my car worth ? - Not how much fun I am having with my car! Since the overall enjoyment of our cars have divided us into sub... sets. There will always be the group of people that love the correct hose clamp or paint daub in the correct area or placement of the daub, but this group seems to be the group that condemns others rides the loudest. We can all appreciate this groups focus to the details, where it goes sideways is when these people bash, condemn, belittle, others equipment or lifestyles. They probably don't even realize they are doing it, but if they were in a bar and said the same things, it would be a different situation. Lets focus on the cars and enjoyment they bring to us in different ways, its not that complicated. If ones expertise is the ORIGINALITY scene so be it, we will follow along when questions need answers. If we want to check out a car show with SHELBYS we know where to look... There's room for all-

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2019, 11:18:17 AM »
Can someone please explain to me how concours cars and perceived concours snobbery became part of this discussion?

I thought the discussion was about auction prices?

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2019, 11:24:25 AM »
Can someone please explain to me how concours cars and perceived concours snobbery became part of this discussion?

I thought the discussion was about auction prices?

No but it is part of the issue generally. Maybe it's a newbie issue that thinks only Concours cars are correct and only correct cars are valuable?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 11:26:32 AM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2019, 11:25:44 AM »
To say that people that like concours cars dont enjoy driving their cars or dont enjoy driving their other cars is extremely ignorant.

I am not involved with concours cars. I have not been for several years.  The people I met when I was involved, were the best, most giving people in the hobby.  They freely share their information and experiences with others, often at their own expense. I can understand the envy and desire for others to be able to achieve what these people have done.

Dividing the club into two groups is irresponsible in my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 11:27:24 AM by Coralsnake »

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2019, 11:26:56 AM »
Doug, it is not. Can you name the last time a concours car was sold at auction?

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2019, 11:29:50 AM »
To say that people that like concours cars dont enjoy driving their cars or dont enjoy driving their other cars is extremely ignorant.

I am not involved with concours cars. I have not been for several years.  The people I met when I was involved, were the best, most giving people in the hobby.  They freely share their information and experiences with others, often at their own expense. I can understand the envy and desire for others to be able to achieve what these people have done.

Dividing the club into two groups is irresponsible in my opinion.

It is the perception though that there are two opposing groups. I personally see that the level of quality in Concours almost precludes the ability to drive the car more then on and off of the trailer.

I personally could not keep mine clean enough to be competitive.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2019, 11:38:19 AM »
One thing we can count on with the bulk of this group is... How much is my car worth ? - Not how much fun I am having with my car! Since the overall enjoyment of our cars have divided us into sub... sets. There will always be the group of people that love the correct hose clamp or paint daub in the correct area or placement of the daub, but this group seems to be the group that condemns others rides the loudest. We can all appreciate this groups focus to the details, where it goes sideways is when these people bash, condemn, belittle, others equipment or lifestyles. They probably don't even realize they are doing it, but if they were in a bar and said the same things, it would be a different situation. Lets focus on the cars and enjoyment they bring to us in different ways, its not that complicated. If ones expertise is the ORIGINALITY scene so be it, we will follow along when questions need answers. If we want to check out a car show with SHELBYS we know where to look... There's room for all-

You referring to this type of behaviour?

Chris

Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2019, 11:44:04 AM »
No Trailer Queen Chrissie, this type of behavior from those who think they are the elite.

By the way the name is Tony, got that T.Q.C.

just keep driving members away with your sarcasm and superiority complex

great job, winner !

Take it easy eleanor, your driving a bit fast for road conditions...
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Chris Thauberger

• View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2019, 11:46:51 AM »
No Trailer Queen Chrissie, this type of behavior from those who think they are the elite.

great job, winner !

Relax eleanor, not everything is about you. You just happen to be the quintessential example here.

FYI my car is both concours and driven, watch the video  ;)

roddster

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2019, 12:01:10 PM »
  I've owned my 67 GT350 48 years now.  I recall how smugg a few owners way-y-y back when thought they were when the sold thier prize for $25,000.  And I remember when others sold out for $50,000 years later.  And even later some cars have sold for more than that.
   The value is always variable.  At auctions it often depends on two moneyed people wanting "that car".  And location, and venue.
  I do drive my former Concours winning car.  Its time to answer....whats wrong with the judges if you cannot drive it?  But, please don't digress into judging on this thread.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2019, 01:07:42 PM »
 T.Q.C. everyone stop, look, listen, my car and I are soooooo wonderful.

concours and driven in to a trailer, lmao

get a life...go fish !  concours, best in the world...lmao

great job, winner !

Relax eleanor, not everything is about you. You just happen to be the quintessential example here.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 01:11:44 PM by FL SAAC TONY »

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Chris Thauberger

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2019, 01:17:18 PM »

great job, winner !

I think we need more members like eleanore here... you be the judge

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2019, 01:27:23 PM »
Agreed Trailer Queen Chrissie, more member with intestinal fortitude. You would not know what that means and we understand you GROUP THINKER...but you do have the BEST car in the world...we still are lmao..

great job, winner !

I think we need more members like eleanore here... you be the judge

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy