News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 Westinghouse/FOMOCO Headlight

Started by nightmist67, March 20, 2019, 12:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightmist67

Wanted:  One (1) 1967 Westinghouse/FOMOCO assembly line headlight (3-prong bulb), fully functional, lens intact with no chips or cracks, no discoloration of bulb reflector backing, electrical contacts intact and not corroded.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: nightmist67 on March 20, 2019, 12:17:25 PM
Wanted:  One (1) 1967 Westinghouse/FOMOCO assembly line headlight (3-prong bulb), fully functional, lens intact with no chips or cracks, no discoloration of bulb reflector backing, electrical contacts intact and not corroded.
Is your car is a Nightmist blue 67 Shelby or for that matter a SJ built Mustang ? The reason for the question is Westinghouse brand with the molded in trademark was not used at that SJ plant. That is in case you were concerned with what was assemblyline correct. If not concerned then never mind and best of luck with your search.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

nightmist67

It is a SJ car.  Are you suggesting that they should be Tung Sol?

outlawincorporated

YES, that is what Bob is suggesting

regards

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: nightmist67 on March 21, 2019, 07:00:03 AM
It is a SJ car.  Are you suggesting that they should be Tung Sol?
Tung Sol and GE were widely used at SJ ,Westinghouse house was not typically used at SJ in 65,66,or 67 as it relates to Shelby's. Westinghose was predominate off and on at Dearborn and or Metuchen.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

texas swede

About 6 months ago, I bought two GE 4002 headlight bulbs for my 67 in Sweden at EBAY. They were in their original packages
and the date on the backside is H66 on both. Paid $150 for them. However, they have no FoMoCo etched in the glass. Did originals for 67 Shelbys always have FoMoCo?

Sadly enough, there won't be any trip to Sweden this summer as I am going to have open heart surgery in 4 weeks.
This is a warning for all of you my friends. When doing a cleaning at the dentist please make sure you take antibiotics before the treatment. I didn't and caught a strep bacteria which went by the blood directly to the heart and destroyed the valves which now must be replaced. Lost over 30 lbs in weight (all muscles) not fat and one of the medicines (Heparin blood thinner) I got has side effects like shredding skin on the inside of my hands like a snake. Also my hair is falling out. Stopped using it yesterday so keep your fingers crossed for me.
Thanks,
Texas Swede

Bob Gaines

Quote from: texas swede on March 21, 2019, 11:52:42 AM
About 6 months ago, I bought two GE 4002 headlight bulbs for my 67 in Sweden at EBAY. They were in their original packages
and the date on the backside is H66 on both. Paid $150 for them. However, they have no FoMoCo etched in the glass. Did originals for 67 Shelbys always have FoMoCo?

Sadly enough, there won't be any trip to Sweden this summer as I am going to have open heart surgery in 4 weeks.
This is a warning for all of you my friends. When doing a cleaning at the dentist please make sure you take antibiotics before the treatment. I didn't and caught a strep bacteria which went by the blood directly to the heart and destroyed the valves which now must be replaced. Lost over 30 lbs in weight (all muscles) not fat and one of the medicines (Heparin blood thinner) I got has side effects like shredding skin on the inside of my hands like a snake. Also my hair is falling out. Stopped using it yesterday so keep your fingers crossed for me.
Thanks,
Texas Swede
Yes ,in 67 the Ford bulbs in the case of Tung sol and GE were Ford etched. The non etched bulbs were sold at auto parts stores . More importantly I will pray that all goes well with your surgery .

JD

Texas Swede hoping all the best for you!

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

texas swede

Thanks, guys.
The surgeon is a Finnish guy and when he heard I was born in Sweden, he said, I hate Swedes.
He was joking as we have a rivalry in ice hockey.
Texas Swede

acman63

Thanks,
Texas Swede

Hope your surgery goes well my friend.  maybe you need to get another dentist or have an attorney call that one
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

kingchief

SFM 6S406

6s2020

Thanks,
Texas Swede

Hope all goes well for you, and a speedy recovery.

Darryll

Side-Oilers

Texas Swede:  That is truly horrible, so sorry to hear all that.   Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery!

Thanks for the head's up on dentists, too.  Never thought about that.  Wow.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

texas swede

Thanks everybody,
Don't believe it's the dentist fault but my own. I had an infection and was coughing and sneezing when I was
getting my teeth cleaned so my immune system was probably compromised. They have always asked me if I need
antibiotics and I have said no and nothing has happened before during all these years (twice a year).
Next time I will accept it though.
Texas Swede