News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Can Anyone ID Where this Came From?

Started by Shelby_r_b, March 22, 2019, 01:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelby_r_b

Hello!

I recently came across (what looks like) a name tag; which I have pictured below front and back.  It looks like a name tag for a Shelby event of some kind, and I was wondering if anyone recognized where it may have originated. 

I know this may be a long shot, but it never hurts to ask.

Thanks!  :)
Nothing beats a classic!

whiteykr

I have some like that and mine came from the Indiana Spring Fling  in 1979. Don't know if other shows at that time might have used these.
Brad

Special Ed

Sounds correct brad  looks like ID tags steve yates had made up at brown county spring fling that u got at registration table so they knew u were part of the show in the park & to get in line for the picinic shelby chilli lunch in the park tent they had setup . Looks like a year when Shelby was at the event signing stuff & back then u didnt have to pay or wait in line the good ole days!!

Shelby_r_b

This is great info - thanks to you both!
Nothing beats a classic!

roddster

Carroll showed up at the Spring Fling the year he drove the Viper Pace car at the Indy 500.  It was 1991 or 1994. 
BUT: Most of the I.D. badges I have from the Spring Flinf have the SAAC emblem over a state of Indiana figure.

KR500

Quote from: roddster on March 23, 2019, 12:01:07 PM
  Carroll showed up at the Spring Fling the year he drove the Viper Pace car at the Indy 500.  It was 1991 or 1994. 
BUT: Most of the I.D. badges I have from the Spring Flinf have the SAAC emblem over a state of Indiana figure.
Carroll was at the Spring Fling in 1992
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267