News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Another ebay tall tale

Started by 683760, March 22, 2019, 03:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1 OF 2 built
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Ford-Mustang-GT/202632723727?hash=item2f2dd9fd0f:g:G9IAAOSwfTlclSmP

I love how the fine print reads: . The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith

TJinSA

Now, THAT has to be one of the tallest tales on fleaBay!
Tom Kubler
6S296

6S1568

This story is so bad that it's almost impossible read it the whole way through!

shelbydoug

Well the story is ridiculous because it is trying to justify the $110k price tag. Any attempt to do that would be ridiculous?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

BGlover67

"I then made an appointment with Carroll Shelby and I drove my car to Las Vegas. When I met with Carroll Shelby, He looked at my car like it was a standard 1965 Mustang until I told him the story. Then, he got this big grin on his face, as only Carroll Shelby can, and hugged me. He said "son I have to tell you, your car does not exist".

Sounds plausible to me. :o
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

GT350Lad

That has got to be the story of the year, and that's 5 minutes of my life I am not getting back. Bloody amusing though  :D
6S373
6S1276

CSX 4133

"There's a sucker born every minute".  Attributed to P.T. Barnum

68stangcjfb

Its got a square Paxton box for an autolite 4100 carb. The story is beyond ridiculous. An A for effort though.
68 1/2 CJ Mustang GT FB auto 3.91s 68 1/2 CJ Torino GT FB 3.91s 60 Thunderbird 64 Falcon Sprint conv. 4Spd 65 Falcon Sedan Delivery 67 Fairlane 500 SW 428 4Spd, 68 Torino 4dr 95 Thunderbird SC. 89 F250 Supercab 2wd, 98 Mustang conv. 99 Jeep Cherokee 2002 Thunderbird. 96 Harley FLSTN Heritage Special

shlby66

It's not April, 1st, yet, is it? :o

427heaven

I have a 1 of 1 TRIPLE G..... (G G G) Granny- grocer- getter. Injected cammer,4 gear, 68 coupe with 4 lug wheels. Grannies around the country needed to get their smokes and a fifth quicker than society wanted them too. It never caught on- but it is only 250k- Be the only one on your block with a triple g ride.

Sfm6sxxx

Quote from: BGlover67 on March 22, 2019, 04:30:16 PM
"I then made an appointment with Carroll Shelby and I drove my car to Las Vegas. When I met with Carroll Shelby, He looked at my car like it was a standard 1965 Mustang until I told him the story. Then, he got this big grin on his face, as only Carroll Shelby can, and hugged me. He said "son I have to tell you, your car does not exist".

Sounds plausible to me. :o
Sounds more like Foghorn Leghorn.

6S1114

Chris Thauberger

Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

I think eBay needs a comment section like BaT.   :P

rbarkley

That is incredible.  I  have a big grin on my face too just reading all that BS!  He never even mentions if it is a factory K code.  That my add some value to the car.
I like the "drag pack"  GT with normal trim, "sleeper series",  1 of 6,  302 block in 67, environmentally controlled garage, Carroll giving out hugs, Mustang Decoder for research, Mach 1,  That guy needs to write for political candidates. LoL
Ron

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0