News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Directional signal installation

Started by shelbydoug, March 22, 2019, 03:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

I'm installing a new 68 tilt-column directional switch. I think it is a Scott Drake part but I bought it from Branda.

He has it listed as for a 68 and 69 tilt column.

It's strait forward except for one thing, the original column has ten wires. The new one has twelve.

Branda doesn't know why. I'm presuming that I just tie off the extra two wires.

I never noticed this until I went to install the wires into the plug.

Has anyone here run into this and come up with a solution?

I was trying to find Scott Drake's Tech support number but their site doesn't have that listed.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

KR500

If I recall correctly Ford serviced the 68/9 Mustang tilt column turn signal switch with a T-Bird part. The T-Bird has cornering lights, hence the extra wires. Drake probably copied the service part. Don't worry about the 2 extra wires.
Rodney
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

Coralsnake

Rodney is spot on

The part the copied is the thunderbird switch

You dont need or use the two extra wires

shelbydoug

Quote from: KR500 on March 22, 2019, 05:06:43 PM
If I recall correctly Ford serviced the 68/9 Mustang tilt column turn signal switch with a T-Bird part. The T-Bird has cornering lights, hence the extra wires. Drake probably copied the service part. Don't worry about the 2 extra wires.
Rodney

That is what I expect about the extra wires but I want confirmation from Scott Drake on that. Yes, it is listed as fitting the 69 Tbird also. I've had issue with Scott Drake products before. A set of instructions with the switch would have answered the question.

I'm presently waiting for Jerry to call me back. I've got a feeling that he needs to research that a little first?

Incidentally, as it turns out, my son is an audio tech and I mysteriously wound up with a full roll of Gaffer's tape in my tool box. He was mumbling something about, "this is what the nerds say you need?" Must be genetic, right?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbydoug

Quote from: Coralsnake on March 22, 2019, 05:49:53 PM
Rodney is spot on

The part the copied is the thunderbird switch

You dont need or use the two extra wires

They changed the color of the blue wire to light blue. Now I'm worried again. ;D
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbydoug

Drake says just tape up the extra two wires.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!