News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

FOUND! 1967 Shelby GT350 Barn Find - 1 of 1

Started by Shelby_r_b, March 22, 2019, 09:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelby_r_b

One more detail picture for today.  I took this picture of the original transverse muffler (I had to rotate the picture 180 degrees to be readable) when I inspected the car.  It looks like the exhaust is original in its entirety - from the manifolds to the tips.
Nothing beats a classic!

69mach351w

Quote from: acman63 on March 25, 2019, 02:15:42 PM
Id guess distributor info and timing info
So what do you see Jim that would stand by your observations?  I can't read any of it :o

69mach351w

Quote from: Shelby_0022 on March 25, 2019, 09:20:05 PM
One more detail picture for today.  I took this picture of the original transverse muffler (I had to rotate the picture 180 degrees to be readable) when I inspected the car.  It looks like the exhaust is original in its entirety - from the manifolds to the tips.
Just from looking at Scott Fuller Reproduction mufflers, looks to be genuine.  Date code, engineering number, Fomoco look correct for 67.

http://www.scottfullerreproductions.com/catalog/item/4595229/7691274.htm

Bob Gaines

Quote from: BGlover67 on March 25, 2019, 01:30:02 PM
Ruben mentioned to me that the car has rear ducted brake lower scoops.  Doesn't that seem odd for a car this late? Another example of how these cars didn't always follow the rules.
Congrats on the purchase. It looks like a great car with a lot of potential. Yes ducts to the brake scoops seem very odd for a car that late. As far as - Another example of how these cars didn't always follow the rules. I wouldn't be so quick to judgement on if it would qualify as a survivor type yardstick for a car not following the rules. There are quite a few things that have been touched under the hood at the very least. It just means that given the other mentioned peculiarities that the car bears more examination so that the true story can be determined or verified . Digging further may not be on the priority list at this time.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

JD

Ruben mentioned to me that the car has rear ducted brake lower scoops.  Doesn't that seem odd for a car this late?  Another example of how these cars didn't always follow the rules.

Are they stubby and blocked-off, if so that is a version used after the ducting was stopped. 

(will look for a photo to post of this version)

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

6s2020

Quote from: 69mach351w on March 25, 2019, 09:23:50 PM
So what do you see Jim that would stand by your observations?  I can't read any of it :o

looks like,

Tim  10 or 16
D - ?
Total 36*

thats what i see ?

J_Speegle

Quote from: Shelby_0022 on March 25, 2019, 09:15:40 PM
I probably should know, but does anyone recognize the names / places other than Branda?

Yes most of them since most of them were located in Calif. Ford Power Parts reproduced a number of items and always had a bunch of odd/rare factory drivetrain parts.  During the 80s and 90's there were hundreds of Mustang shops around the state.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: Bob Gaines on March 25, 2019, 10:39:50 PM
Ruben mentioned to me that the car has rear ducted brake lower scoops.  Doesn't that seem odd for a car this late? Another example of how these cars didn't always follow the rules.
Congrats on the purchase. It looks like a great car with a lot of potential. Yes ducts to the brake scoops seem very odd for a car that late. As far as - Another example of how these cars didn't always follow the rules. I wouldn't be so quick to judgement on if it would qualify as a survivor type yardstick for a car not following the rules. There are quite a few things that have been touched under the hood at the very least. It just means that given the other mentioned peculiarities that the car bears more examination so that the true story can be determined or verified . Digging further may not be on the priority list at this time.

Thanks for the well wishes, Bob!  I am excited about the car and uncovering what I can with a most amateur eye.  :D

I appreciate your comments about the car.  The car has certainly been touched (starting with the paint  ;)), and I would never say otherwise.  I'm most interested in sharing the current state of the car, regardless of whether it's in original condition or not.  My intent is not to validate it being a survivor, because I know it is not 100% original (I at least know that Goodyear T/As didn't come stock in 1967 ;D). 

There is a lot of originality that I personally have never seen before (although, I have not seen as many Shelbys as others).  Most importantly, it's a car that was unknown to the Shelby / Mustang community upon initial purchase; which is why transparency is so important to me.

I can't speak for others, but I can say that my efforts to share are just that: to share.  The car is what it is, and I'm excited, regardless of what I find.  :)
Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: JD on March 25, 2019, 11:18:44 PM
Ruben mentioned to me that the car has rear ducted brake lower scoops.  Doesn't that seem odd for a car this late?  Another example of how these cars didn't always follow the rules.

Are they stubby and blocked-off, if so that is a version used after the ducting was stopped. 

(will look for a photo to post of this version)

Thanks JD!  This is extremely helpful.

I just looked, and the holes are not blocked off (and, I'm guessing that by "stubby", you mean the hole where the hose would go, correct?).  I can see the hose exit into the front of the rear wheel wells on both sides.  I also took some safety wire and started to fish it into the scoop hole (I was going to put my fingers down there, but there are spiders all about the car ;D), and I stopped after I had about a foot of wire into the scoop hole, as I didn't want to inadvertently put a hole in the hose connecting the scoop to the rear fender wells.

Let me know if I'm assessing this correctly - thanks again!
Nothing beats a classic!

JD

Quote from: Shelby_0022 on March 25, 2019, 11:52:07 PM

I just looked, and the holes are not blocked off (and, I'm guessing that by "stubby", you mean the hole where the hose would go, correct?).  I can see the hose exit into the front of the rear wheel wells on both sides.  I also took some safety wire and started to fish it into the scoop hole (I was going to put my fingers down there, but there are spiders all about the car ;D), and I stopped after I had about a foot of wire into the scoop hole, as I didn't want to inadvertently put a hole in the hose connecting the scoop to the rear fender wells.

Let me know if I'm assessing this correctly - thanks again!

OK, sounds like maybe someone added them later?? Opened the end of the blocked-off stub end and then added the duct and rear wheel well flange??? 

So does the rear wheel well flange look like what you have on #22?

Break out a cigar and blow some smoke in the duct and see if it comes out in the rear wheel well - might kill some spiders on the way or maybe just chase them out!  Or shine a light.

Can you post a photo of inside the rear wheel well duct opening?

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

acman63

SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

Shelby_r_b

Good one, Jim...LOL  ;D.

Thanks JD for the insight!  Here is a picture of the driver's side opening in the forward part of the wheel well.

Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

I had an amazing time this weekend at the Houston MCA National. And, response to the car was incredible.

Many, many thanks to Steve Sloan for all his help, and his incredible friendship!  :D

More car pics and info to come!
Nothing beats a classic!

acman63

Quote from: 6s2020 on March 25, 2019, 11:22:36 PM
Quote from: 69mach351w on March 25, 2019, 09:23:50 PM

looks like,

Tim  10 or 16

I saw what looked like a degree mark and what you posted makes sense
D - ?
Total 36*

thats what i see ?
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member