Author Topic: FOUND! 1967 Shelby GT350 Barn Find - 1 of 1  (Read 43029 times)

64cobra

• View Profile
Re: FOUND! 1967 Shelby GT350 Barn Find - 1 of 1
« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2019, 07:45:44 PM »
Hey Kerry-

Did you buy the car?

quote author=KerryBWhite link=topic=5311.msg49355#msg49355 date=1557095798]
Ruben
I would be interested in purchasing the '67 if it is for sale.
In your original post you stated...incredibly original / rust free, and is believed to have 10,454 original miles.
It definitely looks pretty rust free from your posted pictures but can any proof of the mileage be provided??
How does the carpet wear look or pedal wear look with the low mileage?  Has any front end damage or evidence of a crash been discovered due to the A arms being replaced.
Just a few questions if the car is For Sale.
Thanks
Kerry
[/quote]

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2019, 09:06:47 PM »
Darren, Darren...you just can’t stay away, can you? I can see you have a great interest in all I do, and I’m faltered.  ;D

I was going to wait for you to respond incoherently to yourself 3 times in a row, but I thought I would save you the key strokes and let you know that no, the car is not sold.

As with car #22, you’re welcome to reach me directly anytime. Or, you can continue to try and stir the pot via the forum. I for one enjoy your random insertions. But, I’m guessing it’s tiring to others, as no one responded to your previous posts on this thread. And, the responses to your posts on the #22 thread didn’t go so well for you.

Unfortunately, you seem to embody all that is a miss with this forum at times. The first version of the forum was a great resource where personal attacks weren’t permitted (especially unjustified). And, now it’s degenerated at times into people like yourself coming on and taking grade school shots at others for absolutely no reason.

Do yourself and the rest of us a favor - keep your personal comments about me to yourself. You only make yourself look bad in the process, as well as discourage others who are new to the forum.  And, if your past posts are any indicator of future responses, well, we’ll see.

To the rest of the forum, I've said my piece on this subject. I will not respond to Darren Longhofer (64cobra) anymore. It’s simply a waste of time. Nor, will I let him squelch my passion for these amazing cars. 👍🏻

Let’s keep it fun, light and educational.  ;)

Peace!
Nothing beats a classic!

64cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2019, 10:07:43 PM »
Thanks Rueben for confirming that this whole thread is about you trying to sell this car.  Just like #22 you are not honest at all.  Unfortunate for all of us.   Take care. 

quote author=Shelby_r_b link=topic=5311.msg49895#msg49895 date=1557277607]
Darren, Darren...you just can’t stay away, can you? I can see you have a great interest in all I do, and I’m faltered.  ;D

I was going to wait for you to respond incoherently to yourself 3 times in a row, but I thought I would save you the key strokes and let you know that no, the car is not sold.

As with car #22, you’re welcome to reach me directly anytime. Or, you can continue to try and stir the pot via the forum. I for one enjoy your random insertions. But, I’m guessing it’s tiring to others, as no one responded to your previous posts on this thread. And, the responses to your posts on the #22 thread didn’t go so well for you.

Unfortunately, you seem to embody all that is a miss with this forum at times. The first version of the forum was a great resource where personal attacks weren’t permitted (especially unjustified). And, now it’s degenerated at times into people like yourself coming on and taking grade school shots at others for absolutely no reason.

Do yourself and the rest of us a favor - keep your personal comments about me to yourself. You only make yourself look bad in the process, as well as discourage others who are new to the forum.  And, if your past posts are any indicator of future responses, well, we’ll see.

To the rest of the forum, I've said my piece on this subject. I will not respond to Darren Longhofer (64cobra) anymore. It’s simply a waste of time. Nor, will I let him squelch my passion for these amazing cars. 👍🏻

Let’s keep it fun, light and educational.  ;)

Peace!
[/quote]

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2019, 11:13:29 PM »
Getting this thread back on track...which involves sharing the car and findings...

I took a shot tonight that I thought was pretty cool.  I removed the power steering dip stick, and it's really neat to see all the patina (and gunk!) on the handle of the stick (the outside / exposed area).  But, when you remove the stick from the P/S pump, the rest of the stick looks incredibly well preserved.

Again, I'm not an expert, and this might not be an original dip stick, but to me, it sure looks cool!  :D
Nothing beats a classic!

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2019, 11:39:17 PM »
............. this might not be an original dip stick, but to me, it sure looks cool!  :D

For 67 the curled end of the dip stick will typically have the information stamped in as shown below

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2019, 12:11:03 AM »
Another couple of views...
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2019, 12:34:20 AM »
Thanks guys!  I took another (AKA better) picture of the stick from the side.  I also cleaned up the top, and you can see the writing that you both referenced.   :D
Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2019, 11:18:13 PM »
Happy Birthday to #2666! I just got my Deluxe Marti Report today, and subsequently found that the car was completed exactly 52 years ago today.

Crazy.  :D
Nothing beats a classic!

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2019, 11:46:21 PM »
Happy Birthday to #2666! I just got my Deluxe Marti Report today, and subsequently found that the car was completed exactly 52 years ago today.

Crazy.  :D

5/15 is the San Jose build date

6/16 is the completion date from Shelby American

(it has another birthday next month)
 ;D
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2019, 10:40:11 AM »
Nice!  Thanks as always, Rich!  :)
Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2019, 01:54:24 PM »
She’s on her way! I’m having a local shop get her running. I can’t wait!  :)

This picture was taken a week ago, and the shop has already completed their initial assessment. The engine compression looks good, and they used a battery to have her turn over; which she did. The electrical looks good with the exception of the taillight harnesses. And, as expected, the fuel and brakes need to be sorted. As they said, “Pulling the fuel sender out of the tank was like trying to remove a stick from the La Brea Tar Pits”; which actually made me laugh out loud!  ;D

More to come! 👍🏻
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 11:33:58 AM by Shelby_r_b »
Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2019, 05:43:13 PM »
As they said in "Young Frankenstein" It's Alive!!!!  ;D

I just got word from the shop that's getting her running - today, she started and turned over right way!  No knocking or sputtering nor backfiring... they said she sounded good.  And, they were surprised that she didn't smoke and that there wasn't a bunch of stuff flying out the exhaust once she fired.  I had visions of small animal remains coming through  ;)

And, it was fun to hear them describe the sound of the lifters, as well as the stock exhaust.  I cannot wait to hear her run first hand!  More to come.

Man, is this awesome!!

Nothing beats a classic!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2019, 06:49:24 PM »

I just got word from the shop that's getting her running - today, she started and turned over right way!  No knocking or sputtering nor backfiring... they said she sounded good.  And, they were surprised that she didn't smoke and that there wasn't a bunch of stuff flying out the exhaust once she fired.  I had visions of small animal remains coming through  ;)

And, it was fun to hear them describe the sound of the lifters, as well as the stock exhaust.  I cannot wait to hear her run first hand!  More to come.

Man, is this awesome!!

that is kool, congratulations!
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

greekz

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2019, 09:16:04 PM »

Man, is this awesome!!

That is great Ruben.  More fun to come driving down the road.
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2019, 10:23:39 PM »
Great to hear and congrat's to all involved.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0