Author Topic: FOUND! 1967 Shelby GT350 Barn Find - 1 of 1  (Read 43041 times)

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: FOUND! 1967 Shelby GT350 Barn Find - 1 of 1
« Reply #150 on: July 18, 2019, 12:04:41 AM »
Which intake the large number S2MS or the S7MS?Both have the provision for the smog in back and relocated coil in front.

Good catch, Bob, as to the purpose of the rear holes. I went back through some old photos I first took of #2666, and as you can see from the picture below, part of the smog system is mounted via one of the two holes (circled in red).
So which intake is it?
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 18, 2019, 07:59:54 AM »
Which intake the large number S2MS or the S7MS?Both have the provision for the smog in back and relocated coil in front.

Good catch, Bob, as to the purpose of the rear holes. I went back through some old photos I first took of #2666, and as you can see from the picture below, part of the smog system is mounted via one of the two holes (circled in red).
So which intake is it?

I’ll look when I get back over to see the car again.
Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 28, 2019, 10:08:17 AM »
Some of the AC / heater components are getting a refresh, and here you can see the original evaporator unit.

I thought it was really interesting to see the original stickers placed; which not only denote the date, but also the time.  I'm guessing this is when the evaporator was first completed versus when it was installed - is that correct?  Or, was the unit tested and then marked with the date / time?

Thanks!
Nothing beats a classic!

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 28, 2019, 10:18:28 AM »
Somewhere in the depths of my mind I remember a similar conversation while restoring a 68 "S" code convertible 20+ years ago, the consensus at that time was it was a label for the QC test date.
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 28, 2019, 01:45:12 PM »
Somewhere in the depths of my mind I remember a similar conversation while restoring a 68 "S" code convertible 20+ years ago, the consensus at that time was it was a label for the QC test date.

Thanks Bill!  That seems to make perfect sense. 
Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 16, 2019, 12:01:09 AM »
It’s been a while since I last posted, and a lot has happened in the past 45 days.

She came home recently, and just in time for the “Snakes and Stangs Weekend Rally”. This event starts in San Antonio, goes through the Texas Hill Country with stops for gas and lunch, then back. Needless to say, this would be my first true test of the car.  I had time to do some short shake down runs prior to the event, and then it was go time!

In short, I put over 300 miles on the car yesterday in 95 degree heat while traversing amazing terrain (especially for Texas 😉) with no issues at all. In fact, it was one of the most (if not the best) drives I’ve ever taken. We had over 40 cars; which was amazing.

I recently read an article recently in Mustang Monthly about the need to get out and drive your classics. It was written by the editor who did a great job explaining the value and sheer pleasure that comes from taking your classic for a spin. This couldn’t be more true, especially for me. Yesterday’s drive was so therapeutic that I took the Shelby back out for another 100 miles today...in the same heat with no issues.

All I can say is enjoy them while / when you can! 👍🏻
Nothing beats a classic!

6972boss

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 16, 2019, 10:30:53 AM »
Now that is how you enjoy a classic! Looks like a fun trip.
Here is 3119 going down the road with about 50 other stangs. I do this as often as i can.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 16, 2019, 11:30:10 AM »
the KEY here ...while you can...

It’s been a while since I last posted, and a lot has happened in the past 45 days.

She came home recently, and just in time for the “Snakes and Stangs Weekend Rally”. This event starts in San Antonio, goes through the Texas Hill Country with stops for gas and lunch, then back. Needless to say, this would be my first true test of the car.  I had time to do some short shake down runs prior to the event, and then it was go time!

In short, I put over 300 miles on the car yesterday in 95 degree heat while traversing amazing terrain (especially for Texas 😉) with no issues at all. In fact, it was one of the most (if not the best) drives I’ve ever taken. We had over 40 cars; which was amazing.

I recently read an article recently in Mustang Monthly about the need to get out and drive your classics. It was written by the editor who did a great job explaining the value and sheer pleasure that comes from taking your classic for a spin. This couldn’t be more true, especially for me. Yesterday’s drive was so therapeutic that I took the Shelby back out for another 100 miles today...in the same heat with no issues.

All I can say is enjoy them while / when you can! 👍🏻
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

6R07mi

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 16, 2019, 12:20:30 PM »
Some of the AC / heater components are getting a refresh, and here you can see the original evaporator unit.

I thought it was really interesting to see the original stickers placed; which not only denote the date, but also the time.  I'm guessing this is when the evaporator was first completed versus when it was installed - is that correct?  Or, was the unit tested and then marked with the date / time?

Thanks!

Likely the HVAC assembly was built either at Ford Saline, Rawsonvill or Sheldon Rd. plant, all in SE Mich.
They were part of the internal Ford supply chain = GPD ( General Parts Division ) as the tag denotes.
I don't recall which would have built Fairlane/Mustang/Cougar components. I think they're all closed now ??

jim p
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 12:24:52 PM by 6R07mi »
Former owner 6S283, 70 "Boss351", 66 GT 6F07, 67 FB GT
current: 66 GT former day 2 track car 6R07
20+ yrs Ford Parts Mgr, now Meritor Defense

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 17, 2019, 02:00:31 PM »
Now that is how you enjoy a classic! Looks like a fun trip.
Here is 3119 going down the road with about 50 other stangs. I do this as often as i can.

That's fantastic!  And, my new goal is to follow suit.   8)
Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2019, 12:56:49 PM »
I just found this video of last weekend's rally online.  It's a mix of video and still shots.  One of my favorite still shots of "Black Beauty" is at 4:14 - it was taken via the side mirror of the Shelby in front of me during one of the twisty sections of the course.

https://samc.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=4002&club_id=885026&item_id=984469

Good times!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 12:59:00 PM by Shelby_r_b »
Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 22, 2019, 12:07:02 PM »
I found a really cool gas station on one of the Texas back roads, and couldn't help but stop to snap a few pictures. 

The good ole' days!
Nothing beats a classic!

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 22, 2019, 12:35:36 PM »
Car is looking good!
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 22, 2019, 12:43:22 PM »
I found a really cool gas station on one of the Texas back roads, and couldn't help but stop to snap a few pictures. 

The good ole' days!

Love the man tires Ruben.

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 22, 2019, 01:10:41 PM »

The good ole' days!
That could be a painting!  Magnificent!
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"