News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

FOUND! 1967 Shelby GT350 Barn Find - 1 of 1

Started by Shelby_r_b, March 22, 2019, 09:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1967 eight barrel

Have to love being able to drive your vehicle  without having to hide it away for winter..

-Keith

Shelby_r_b

Thanks for all the kind words!  And, yes - she's got some man shoes on for now.  ;)

Being able to drive all year round is such a blessing.  I really don't miss the Midwest winters (or salt!) at all. 
Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

It was bound to happened (as I had been planning for it), and today became "that day"...I had my youngest daughter (she's been the most interested in classic cars) take the 67 Shelby for a spin.

We both had a great time!  She mentioned how much she enjoyed the overall feel and connectedness the Shelby gave her versus the newer car for which she's learned to drive.  And, she loved how "eager" the engine felt.  At first, she said she was nervous to drive the Shelby.  But, that quickly subsided, and she actually seemed more at home behind the wheel of the 67 Shelby then she is behind the wheel of the 2013 mini SUV she's been driving. 

This is one of the best bonding moments she and I have had in a long time - second only to when I took her to her first car show and let her accept the First Place Trophy for our Class.

Thanks!
Nothing beats a classic!

Side-Oilers

Nice!

You're the cool dad of the neighborhood, for sure.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

BGlover67

Wait, you didn't let her drive the carryover?  :o.  That's awesome Ruben.  It's really cool to see how far this car has come.  You truly rescued it.

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Hotrod Hillbilly

They were built to be driven!..........enjoy the drive!!!

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: BGlover67 on September 23, 2019, 04:17:19 AM
Wait, you didn't let her drive the carryover?  :o.  That's awesome Ruben.  It's really cool to see how far this car has come.  You truly rescued it.

LOL. Not the Carryover...yet. She needs to learn to drive a manual first; which she will eventually learn. 😉
Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

The side stripes and fender emblems are on! She's a reborn Shelby!  :D

Many thanks to Frank and Clay (Kennedy Paint & Body) in Helotes, TX. Outstanding guys who have a true love and passion for these old cars. 👍🏻
Nothing beats a classic!

greekz

SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

GT350DAVE

Support the SAAC Registry

Shelby_r_b

Thanks to all! She's coming along well. 👍🏻
Nothing beats a classic!

rbarkley

Nicely done!  Years back, I took my daughter to our local
HS parking lot for a drive in the 65 k code fastback.  Of course,
manual transmission.  It took a while, but she got the hang of it.
Priceless memories!
Ron

gjz30075

Greg Z
6S2249

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: gjz30075 on October 11, 2019, 08:35:07 AM
Ruben, are we going to see it at Indy?

Good question. I just might, especially since it'll be closer to Texas than I had originally thought.  Would be a great drive!
Nothing beats a classic!