News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Back in the early 1990s

Started by Coralsnake, March 26, 2019, 02:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

I think it still is a drug deal? I offered him $100.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

CharlesTurner

The outer ring on the back would have to be painted black to be concours correct also...
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

67 GT350

RARE  Signature Delete

acman63

SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

JD

(so are the drugs behind the emblems?)
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Special Ed

I sold a nos set of 4 in the ford boxes for $400. back in the 90s & thought i did good just to get rid of them as nobody cared back then since everybody wanted 10 spokes!!

TJinSA

My MaMa said I'm special... and I didn't come with hub caps...
Tom Kubler
6S296

stangman39

Wonder what the thought process was when they came up with the price!

67 GT350

Thought process?
Well he probably went to BJ and saw a car with those hub caps go for lots of cash, so he did a mathematical estimate of what percentage 4 wheels meant to the car and came up with that figure?
RARE  Signature Delete

CharlesTurner

Quote from: Frankie on March 27, 2019, 08:18:17 AM
Thought process?
Well he probably went to BJ and saw a car with those hub caps go for lots of cash, so he did a mathematical estimate of what percentage 4 wheels meant to the car and came up with that figure?

Fuzzy math!   ;D ;D
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

stangman39

Quote from: Frankie on March 27, 2019, 08:18:17 AM
Thought process?

Sure the price is super high/insane....but the $700 in the $10700 is what makes me scratch my head (and when I see similar prices for cars like $75,200).
Do people think to themselves oh let me add on $700 because if someone wants to pay $10,000 maybe I can squeeze a little more outta them!?
When I think of a price for a car I'm selling I always think in nice numbers that usually go in $500 increments!  I also consider myself a bit normal LOL

tesgt350

Quote from: stangman39 on March 27, 2019, 08:14:01 AM
Wonder what the thought process was when they came up with the price!

He used that Common Core Math everyone loves so much.