Author Topic: Carry-over 6S144 on Hemmings  (Read 10130 times)

Toby_S

• View Profile
Re: Carry-over 6S144 on Hemmings
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2019, 11:02:57 PM »
Recent video of this vehicle, 6S144
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo5dv0K14rA

Grumpy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2019, 04:02:18 PM »
Sale is coming up quick !! Thought about buying it but just to dam old. Wanted to go watch but you know how that goes. Like looking at a puppy ... Then ya come home with them.  ;D

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2019, 05:06:40 PM »
I was interested in the hype that they were spinning on the documentation for the car saying it was one of the most documented. I did get a kick out of the hand written black magic marker "VOID" written on the owners manual pages meant to simulate the red ink stamp "VOID for GT350" that was in a original Shelby owners. Talk about a poor counterfeit. It made me wounder if the owner had sourced the manual from Pookie  :o  given the use of the magic marker like he uses.  ;D Best of luck with the auction . It should do well.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 06:40:19 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2019, 11:29:35 AM »
  I re read the article which reads like an excuse for all of the non original modifications made to it. Watch for more voided owners manuals "done by the salesman" to appear. BTW I'm out looking for SFM"6"R xxx with the optional Detroit Locker OR No Spin. I hope it has a "blue" engine.  Sarcastic ? Yes guilty as charged.

Seriously, I too hope the car does well!! Low miles and nice paperwork trail. The mods can be corrected if the new owner chooses to.
    Randy
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 11:37:45 AM by gt350hr »
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

SFM6S087

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2019, 01:00:04 AM »
Yep, I like that car too. I'd keep all the changes, including the duck tail spoiler. Well, all except the wheels. I'd probably replace those with Torq Thrust. It will be interesting to see how well it does at auction considering most of the car money is probably in Monterey this week.

Steve

Grumpy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2019, 12:54:01 PM »
well today is the day !! to bad no auction streaming :(

capecodmustang.com

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2019, 02:39:42 PM »
$291K with fees

Grumpy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2019, 03:46:18 PM »
Sooo all the experts in here. ;D  Was that a good price for the car ? I thought it was but my knowledge is stuck in the 70's.

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2019, 05:21:08 PM »
Good money. And, 6S180 sold last night at RM for $335,500 all in.
Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2019, 05:22:53 PM »
$291K with fees

Were you there, Bret? I’m interested to see how the bidding progressed.
Nothing beats a classic!

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2019, 07:04:37 PM »
Towards the end, the bidding came down to a phone bidder and a bidder on the floor.  From what I understand, the phone bidder won.  Hammer price $265k.

6S144 was by no means a low mileage pristine car.  Some may like to leave it like it is, but there had been a lot of things done over the years.  The car may be best served to be completely restored.  It would be a great base for a concours or possibly thoroughbred/division 1 restoration.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2019, 10:39:37 PM »
Thanks Charles - Good to have boots (and eyes) on the ground - in person.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

ajyiii

• 6S144/1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2019, 03:03:04 PM »
Hi all - I bought 6S144 at Owls Head and I couldnt be happier about it.   The car and all its paperwork, stories and care taken over the years is amazing.   Craig Conley has just finished the engine rebuild and some general updates that she needed.  I am leaving the spoiler on as I have the receipt from 1968 for its purchase from Harr Ford in all the documents that the original owner kept and at this point I love that it is part of the cars story.   We yanked those later mags off right away and am going to run it on a couple different styles to see what I like best for this car.  Currently have an orig set of 10spokes on it, ran it on torq thrusts for a bit before that and as soon as I have the complete steel set we will try them out.   ( I also own 6S1147 and she has orig gray painted magnums)  I brought 144 out for the first time to the Cobra Club event at Willow Springs last month, wow is all I can say!  Craig did amazing work as always in dialing in the engine and the car truly is a low mileage car with how solid it drives.   I have been able to connect with the original owner and have everything possible documented form his time but I have not been able to get much from Bobs ownership period.   If any of you have direct knowledge of who Bob used to do all the work on the car I would love to hear from you, thanks.  Andrew. 

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2019, 03:06:08 PM »
Congratulations!   Nice looking cars!  Welcome!  I look forward to seeing more about your cars.  Very cool.   :)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2019, 03:10:22 PM »
congratulations and enjoy your purchase

Hi all - I bought 6S144 at Owls Head and I couldnt be happier about it.   The car and all its paperwork, stories and care taken over the years is amazing.   Craig Conley has just finished the engine rebuild and some general updates that she needed.  I am leaving the spoiler on as I have the receipt from 1968 for its purchase from Harr Ford in all the documents that the original owner kept and at this point I love that it is part of the cars story.   We yanked those later mags off right away and am going to run it on a couple different styles to see what I like best for this car.  Currently have an orig set of 10spokes on it, ran it on torq thrusts for a bit before that and as soon as I have the complete steel set we will try them out.   ( I also own 6S1147 and she has orig gray painted magnums)  I brought 144 out for the first time to the Cobra Club event at Willow Springs last month, wow is all I can say!  Craig did amazing work as always in dialing in the engine and the car truly is a low mileage car with how solid it drives.   I have been able to connect with the original owner and have everything possible documented form his time but I have not been able to get much from Bobs ownership period.   If any of you have direct knowledge of who Bob used to do all the work on the car I would love to hear from you, thanks.  Andrew.
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy