News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Looking for owners and cars to feature

Started by JP Emerson, March 27, 2019, 10:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richstang

Hi JP,

I enjoyed your article on Dave Eber and the photos of his beautiful '66 GT350 and '92 SAAC MKI 001. I would be remiss if I didn't mention the very important third person involved in the development of the SAAC Mustangs, Dave Wagner. Together the trio of Rick Kopec, Ken Eber, and Dave Wagner brought these cars from concept to production. Dave Wagner was the 'go to guy' at Ford as the manager of Ford's Power Products Operations group at the time. He did the development work and parts testing on the prototype SAAC car, the '91 SAAC MKI XX1.

The day to day operations of the SAAC Car Company were then handled by both Dave Eber and Chris DiMarzo. They both helped to build and deliver the production models.

I know it likely too late to make any changes to the article, but at the least anyone reading this post will know a bit more about the important people behind these special cars. Further information on the '91-'93 SAAC Mustangs can be found in the published 2014 SAAC registry. I should note, Dave Eber was a tremendous help in updating the history and detailed information for each of these SAAC Mustangs.

Rich P.
'91-'93 SAAC MKI, MKII, and Snake registrar

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

JP Emerson

Rich,
Thanks for the additional info. Other than passing knowledge of the '92's I admit that it was very educational to learn more about these cars. Certainly any undertaking such as this requires many individuals to make it happen.  I appreciate the opportunity to get to know them better as well as those who played such an integral part in their development.

JP

KR Convertible

Great story!  Congrats!

I was a little surprised there was no mention of it possibly being a factory 4 speed Hertz car.