News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Air condition and supercharged

Started by 67 GT350, March 28, 2019, 11:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

67 GT350

have a GT350 with air, can I ad a Paxton supercharger to it? I would have to be installed on the passenger side. Is there a way to do this?
RARE  Signature Delete

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Frankie on March 28, 2019, 11:36:11 AM
have a GT350 with air, can I ad a Paxton supercharger to it? I would have to be installed on the passenger side. Is there a way to do this?
I suppose where they is a will there is a way. I am not sure the blower on a 67 GT350 air car(and retaining the air) is a prudent choice all things considered.Just my opinion.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

FL SAAC

+ 1
Quote from: Bob Gaines on March 28, 2019, 12:00:24 PM
Quote from: Frankie on March 28, 2019, 11:36:11 AM
I suppose where they is a will there is a way. I am not sure the blower on a 67 GT350 air car(and retaining the air) is a prudent choice all things considered.Just my opinion.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

You could add a Thermactor system for some real fun while you are at it.

Joking of course.   ;D

Coralsnake

If Tim could do both on a big block, a GT350 should be a snap
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Chris Thauberger

These cars were meant to be driven. It's your car to personalize anyway you see fit. If you want a blower on an air-conditioned GT 350 then get on it. Please post lots of pictures I'm sure there are many here that would be curious to see this done.

Chris
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

shelbydoug

There was a guy here did it about 15 years ago. Walter something. He was part owner of a tire distributorship in Elmsford, NY. Car was Presidential blue, 4 speed.
It all fit in nicely. I never heard it run though but saw it about a dozen times at his shop.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bigfoot

Fran
First question,... are you using the air or plant to?....
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Coralsnake

Im thinking you biggest hurdle eill be right handed paxton bracketry, good luck!
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

shelbydoug

Quote from: Coralsnake on March 28, 2019, 05:45:54 PM
Im thinking you biggest hurdle eill be right handed paxton bracketry, good luck!

At some point there was a right hand mount made. I don't know if it was just a "one off" custom fabrication or if there were a few made and "kept on the shelf"? It was a while ago. Maybe 30 years ago and in the mean time Cobra Automotive did the dual Paxton set up for the FE's.

Two places to check with. Paradise Wheels and Cobra Automotive. I'd take an educated guess and say that likely either will make a set up for you. Not to worry. ;D
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

tinman

Could you use/modify a fox mustang bracket? They mount the blower on the right side.
Mike

Save space with.....wait for it....nitrous...

roddster

GT350DAVE

It might be easier to mount the AC compressor on the other side.
Support the SAAC Registry

terlingua11

SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R