News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Buyer beware bogus 69/70 Shelby antenna

Started by Bob Gaines, March 28, 2019, 07:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Seller is hyping a bogus 69/70 Shelby antenna . https://www.ebay.com/itm/EXTREMELY-RARE-69-70-SHELBY-MUSTANG-PM-300-ANTENNA-CONTINUNITY-TEST-FINE-NICE/133004924936  .  It appears to not have the correct top side mast look and topside hardware. Bottom side looks obviously wrong . The bottom side tube is too short which means the antenna overall length is too short among the numerous other deficiencies. The way the antenna bottom tube is stabilized would be different too. Sellers description indicates it may be for a 69/70 Shelby front fender mounting . No regular production 69/70 Shelby had the antenna on the front fender. The auction antenna would be pointed deducted in any of the Mustang /Shelby venues. The typical 69/70 Shelby PM300 antenna does not collapse in the same way on the top side. Also the visible hardware on the top side is completely different compared to a genuine Shelby version . If the top side was not judged first then as soon as the trunk was judged the short lower tube and the way the lower tube is stabilized (or not in the case of the short tube) would be extremely noticeable. The PM300 component is very important in a Shelby antenna but also the other aspects that make it the version used on 69/70 Shelby's. Please do not waste your money.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

johnzajc@gmail.com

ON same subject when Andrew sends you email stating that he has JUST BEAUTIFUL part just for you, you will most likely say good by for few thousands of your hard earned dollars    I DID , and when you try to reason to take part back he will even let you know that you were stupid when you agree to buy it

1967 eight barrel

TheRoadCars attacked me personally because he worded an auction and claimed the 427 damper is the same as the 428PI.
Of course he touts his 100% feedback. I was burnt by Pookie AKA TheRoadCars years ago to the tune of 1200.00.
I know many of us bought parts over the years to restore our vehicles which were often disassembled. So often we don't know things were incorrect until assembly time comes, or someone like Bob Gains explains the difference.  I am fed up with gougers and liars.
Integrity is lost on so many.
                                                                                        -Keith

johnzajc@gmail.com

YOU ARE LUCKY --- I AM OUT THOUSANDS MOSTLY WITH ANDREW AND THOSE SAYING BOW NOT INCLUDED, THAT IS FIRST SIGN THE PART IS NOT NOS UNLESS IT CAME FROM WELL KNOWN SHOP---GOOD LUCK