News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Let's post some CSX3000 pictures!

Started by 427 Cobra, January 20, 2018, 09:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

3154 according to the Registry. You had to make me open the book huh? ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Cobra Ned

There were 13 green narrow-hip 427s built, between chassis numbers 3129 and 3158. This photo could be of any one of those, unless there were some way to identify where/ when the shot was taken and narrow down the possibilities. Even if we could ID the VIN, the photo probably only has value to the car's current owner.

honker

shelbydoug, thanks for the confirmation on 3154 , sorry for making you open the registry  ;)
I know what you mean about time and distance, or old age and senility.
I was heavy into competition Ferraris at one time, never  owned one, but if you threw a chassis number at me I could tell you the history of that car, not any more ! now I have to pull a book off the shelf, I get more pleasure from that I think, then looking things up on the 'net.

Mike

Side-Oilers

Just a guess as to the location of that pix, but it looks similar to house styles in the SoCal area, in those days.

Yes, I realize that's extremely slim to no evidence.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

eltee

Quote from: gt350shelb on February 17, 2018, 06:31:58 PM
not sure but I think these are all eltee 's  427  maybe he will chime in with the history again
....you could'a left that last one off there...or at least dialed 911

eltee

Accidental self banishment...not sure if I remember how to navigate...:/

shelbydoug

Quote from: honker on May 02, 2018, 09:26:47 PM
shelbydoug, thanks for the confirmation on 3154 , sorry for making you open the registry  ;)
I know what you mean about time and distance, or old age and senility.
I was heavy into competition Ferraris at one time, never  owned one, but if you threw a chassis number at me I could tell you the history of that car, not any more ! now I have to pull a book off the shelf, I get more pleasure from that I think, then looking things up on the 'net.

Mike

I had the job of "Cobra Registrar" back under the old Cobra Club. The President, Bruce Jodar, called it the "Historian". Probably with a little tongue in cheek?

It was pretty easy to instantly remember details of cars. It had something to do with instant acceptance of the CSX chassis number.

I suppose you could say, I got over that?

I don't think Ned ever has?

Some of the street cars were like clones of each other but even by 1974 or so many had distinguishing "marks" that set them apart.

It's said that a mother duck can distinguish the ducklings from each other by their voices? I wonder if that's how Scudder does it?  ;D
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

eltee

He's struggling to emerge...but...Uh..UH...can't seem to get his photos to post.

eltee

eltee

Quaker State Station back in the day....1968...Clarion, PA

Richstang

CSX3131 at Amelia Island - March 11 2017

This Cobra continues to keep my attention. I love these narrow hips.
(Should it have Sunbursts?)

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

CSX2259

CSX 4133

Very nice pictures, thank you for posting them.