News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Early 67 exhaust cutout trim hardware

Started by 557, March 16, 2018, 08:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texas swede

I checked on Ebay if they had any NOS trim rings but they only had repos including Scott Drake's
and there are 3 locking nuts with each trim ring.
Texas Swede

Bob Gaines

Quote from: texas swede on March 17, 2018, 07:08:50 PM
I checked on Ebay if they had any NOS trim rings but they only had repos including Scott Drake's
and there are 3 locking nuts with each trim ring.
Texas Swede
Your correct I should have been more clear. The bottom section of the 66 exhaust trim ring was snipped off and it had the third stud. That left only two to secure the trim when used on the lower edge of the 67 rear valance. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

texas swede

Thanks Bob, I was just going to suggest I put the trim rings upside down when I mounted them
40 years ago and as it fit perfectly with the original 3 holes I had no reason to believe I did something wrong.
Checked on car #153 and it's trim rings look exactly as mine.
Texas Swede

Bob Gaines

Quote from: roddster on March 17, 2018, 09:18:29 AM
  #0036's are like Alan's.  Slotted heads. Bet they used what they had.

Not mentioned:  the chrome is cut off 65/66 Mustang GT rear valance trim.
You can bet what ever they were using they bought in bulk. They were not going to wait until they ran out of something . The ole "used what ever they had around at the time " claim is more typically to justify a out of the ordinary part that is not original IMO.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby