News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Sway bars

Started by JessC, March 28, 2019, 06:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JessC

Hi,
I'm building my 67 "Clone" and I have the Branda front sway bar (was going to paint it black). I have  the chance to pick up a Stock 67 Bar almost 1 inch in Dia. for the unheard of price of 50.00  (with brackets). what bar fits better and works the best?
The stock bar is LONG gone 
Thanks,
Jess

Bob Gaines

Quote from: JessC on March 28, 2019, 06:16:15 PM
Hi,
I'm building my 67 "Clone" and I have the Branda front sway bar (was going to paint it black). I have  the chance to pick up a Stock 67 Bar almost 1 inch in Dia. for the unheard of price of 50.00  (with brackets). what bar fits better and works the best?
Thanks,
Jess
A stock Mustang bar are a dime dozen relative speaking. 50.00 would be found money for the seller IMO. The Shelby's used the thicker 15/16 bar. The after market bars are all 1 inch and you have to use their brackets and bushings because ford ones for the 15/16 bar will not fit. Ether larger bars will look physically different compared to the stock Mustang bar. How much difference depends on the observer. For instance I think it looks a lot different .Others may think differently. You may never know the difference handling wise between the two bars unless you do some spirited drive . In that case the handling is enhanced with the thicker bar. If you can find a factory 15/16 bar for cheap that would be the way to go . FYI there is a difference between 67/68 15/16 bar and a 69/70 15/16 bar.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bob Gaines on March 28, 2019, 06:32:46 PM
Quote from: JessC on March 28, 2019, 06:16:15 PM
Hi,
Thanks,
Jess
A stock Mustang bar are a dime dozen relative speaking. 50.00 would be found money for the seller IMO. The Shelby's used the thicker 15/16 bar. The after market bars are all 1 inch and you have to use their brackets and bushings because ford ones for the 15/16 bar will not fit. Ether larger bars will look physically different compared to the stock Mustang bar. How much difference depends on the observer. For instance I think it looks a lot different .Others may think differently. You may never know the difference handling wise between the two bars unless you do some spirited drive . In that case the handling is enhanced with the thicker bar. If you can find a factory 15/16 bar for cheap that would be the way to go . FYI there is a difference between 67/68 15/16 bar and a 69/70 15/16 bar.

Use the 1-1/8". Don't use a rear bar with it. The difference is very noticeable. No more front tire squealing.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!