Author Topic: 67 GT500 for sale on ebay  (Read 6297 times)

acman63

• View Profile
    • Shelby Parts and Restoration  since 1977
67 GT500 for sale on ebay
« on: March 29, 2019, 09:34:57 PM »
I think he needs to bring this to a SAAC convention so they can see what a true concours restoration looks like.   I saw the antenna , the wrong shift handle and a whitewall spare  and id seen enough

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Mustang-GT500/183747942271?hash=item2ac83b177f:g:HWIAAOSwQtJcmQg2
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

TOBKOB

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: 67 GT500 for sale on ebay
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 09:38:57 PM »
Maybe the antenna stands straight up at 200 mph...  ::)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 09:41:30 PM »
Lack of pinch weld black out always screams ............  :o  Look at me

Maybe a member or from an ex owner that was one given the club sticker in the back window
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 09:45:05 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 09:51:30 PM »
Those are THE DARKEST blue lemans stripes I have ever seen,maybe it’s the photos..Then again it IS only 279k.....

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 10:35:39 PM »
Back to the antenna - in what country does that possibly look right ? Crazy.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 06:52:32 AM »
Isn't that a Supersnake whitewall spare? It's missing the "Caution Fan" sticker...and it's not a stripe delete car. Nice car though. It would need quite a bit of detailing to be competitive, but it's a nice driver, sort of if you go in for that type of environmentally friendly gaudy look at me thing?  ::)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 07:13:25 AM »
It does have a SAAC sticker in the rear window.   ::)
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

acman63

• View Profile
    • Shelby Parts and Restoration  since 1977
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 11:19:09 AM »
AC Car no Louvers ?     This car looks like  paying attention to some details  it would be a nice example .  wheels and tires,  Cobra T pan,  air cleaner and element would have to go.  proper battery.  black out rockers  -  wonder what the bottom looks like?
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

cbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2019, 12:11:31 PM »
Guy  must have short arms.   Looks like Fairlane  shifter handle???

chris

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2019, 02:29:29 PM »
I believe this is car #1979 sold at Barrett Jackson in 2007 and offered on eBay in August last year. If so it has it's original VIN tag.

The restoration is exceptionally clean. It is good to see the side stripes were properly positioned.
At a local car show or concours d’ elegance event it might win its class, but we can see it is not factory correct. I believe the auction listing states that in its own way. We know the car didn’t have lemans stripes when it left LAX and it also had hubcaps.

With a May 17th SA completion date I would think it should have a louvered hood.
Although doubtful, you never know, maybe there was a supply shortage. more likely a service replacement part or restoration change.

That antenna is really bothersome. Previous photos of it (post restoration) show it positioned correctly. I can’t believe someone wouldn’t fix that before taking photos for a sale!
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2019, 02:32:05 PM »
AC Car no Louvers ?     This car looks like  paying attention to some details  it would be a nice example .  wheels and tires,  Cobra T pan,  air cleaner and element would have to go.  proper battery.  black out rockers  -  wonder what the bottom looks like?

Doesn't the add say it was a standard (no air) GT500?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2019, 02:40:42 PM »
I believe this is car #1979 sold at Barrett Jackson in 2007 and offered on eBay in August last year. If so it has it's original VIN tag.

The restoration is exceptionally clean. It is good to see the side stripes were properly positioned.
At a local car show or concours d’ elegance event it might win its class, but we can see it is not factory correct. I believe the auction listing states that in its own way. We know the car didn’t have lemans stripes when it left LAX and it also had hubcaps.

With a May 17th SA completion date I would think it should have a louvered hood.
Although doubtful, you never know, maybe there was a supply shortage. more likely a service replacement part or restoration change.

That antenna is really bothersome. Previous photos of it (post restoration) show it positioned correctly. I can’t believe someone wouldn’t fix that before taking photos for a sale!
+1 . A common restorer mistake is to put a transport tie down sticker over  a painted on lemans stripe. The sticker is applied at the Ford assemblyline and therefore painted blue in the alternate universe of SA painted on lemans strips  ;) . Sorry I couldn't resist  ;D
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2019, 02:54:37 PM »

Doesn't the add say it was a standard (no air) GT500?

Your right it is a 400F car so no A/C, and almost definitely not a factory louvered hood. With '67s Never say Never.

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2019, 03:04:13 PM »

+1 . A common restorer mistake is to put a transport tie down sticker over  a painted on lemans stripe. The sticker is applied at the Ford assemblyline and therefore painted blue in the alternate universe of SA painted on lemans strips  ;) . Sorry I couldn't resist  ;D

HA!
 ;D
In that alternate universe, I suppose the transport tie-down sticker from Ford would have to be removed first, then the lemans stripes painted.
Doubtful SA would have any of those Ford stickers lying around or care about that detail, but you never know.

One of these days I need to ask Dave if any SA Production Orders had the 'Full Stripe" box marked
or
If the Lemans stripes show up on an original invoice with a charge. I have not found one car with them in all those copies that I have on file.

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2019, 06:12:59 PM »
Maybe the seller is ignorant about what suppose to be correct and needs someone to really tell him what a "Concours restoration" consist of instead of beating the car up here on SAAC forum.  GO TELL 'EM GUYS!!!  And No,  Not me 'cause I'm "ignorant" about a lot of this stuff myself ;D

Seller has a SAAC sticker in the back window, so he can't be all that bad, right ???