News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Rear quarter Window Interior Trim

Started by Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas, March 31, 2019, 07:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn

Chad - any update on your progress getting the parts made? 

Thanks
Shawn

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Shelby_r_b

Yes, inquiring minds want to know. 😉
Nothing beats a classic!

Chad

Hey everyone,  I am supposed to have a sample at the end of this month.  I will follow up with my friend/supplier that is making these for me and I will post more of an update this week.

Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Chad

I spoke to my friend and he said the molds are finished and they are running samples.  They will send me a sample as soon as they have it dialed in.  stay tuned!

Doug C

kingchief

SFM 6S406

alexgt350h

Shawn

s_eagle

Lots of folks wanting in on this!  Me included!

Rob

Chad

Hey everyone,

I got my first samples two weeks ago and they looked really good.  They have to tweak a few things and make another sample set. These things are going to be great.  They are made exactly the way they were originally and out of the same material!  Unfortunately they are not going to be cheap. Like everything in life it has cost more than I originally thought   

Jbarela

Hi Chad, Thanks for your efforts on driving this project with your friend. Question since there are going to be master moulds for the final product can you friend offer them in fiberglass also? I just cant see putting these on so that they can just warp again down the line.

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: Chad on April 28, 2021, 10:16:49 PM
Hey everyone,

I got my first samples two weeks ago and they looked really good.  They have to tweak a few things and make another sample set. These things are going to be great.  They are made exactly the way they were originally and out of the same material!  Unfortunately they are not going to be cheap. Like everything in life it has cost more than I originally thought

Can you share what the potential cost will be for a complete set?
Nothing beats a classic!