News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Front kick panels

Started by shelbydoug, March 31, 2019, 03:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

I think I remember these panels as having had a patch of fabric insulation glued to them? I vaguely remember removing that because it would catch and tangle in the attaching screws?

My 67 panels show no evidence of having had that insulation?

Do any of you recall there being insulation glued to those panels?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

bobg

I don't know which cars did or didn't but mine does.
                                                                                                                            BOB

shelbydoug

Quote from: bobg on March 31, 2019, 08:19:16 PM

I don't know which cars did or didn't but mine does.
                                                                                                                            BOB

"Ah yes-it's all coming back to me now" - Meatloaf
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

1967 eight barrel

I know NPD offers the kick panel insulators but I don't remember my vehicle having them when it was dissassembled.

-Keith

JD

to my understanding they should be there and are available from some Mustang Repro-Parts sellers.

I think many have been replaced over the years as that was a popular place to "add" speakers.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

CharlesTurner

There were different types used throughout 1st gen production.

Originals usually have cutouts where the screws go through.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge