News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 GE/FOMOCO low/high beam headlight

Started by nightmist67, March 24, 2019, 10:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightmist67

Wanted:  One (1) 1967 GE/FOMOCO assembly line low/high beam headlight for Shelby Mustang, fully functional, lens intact with no chips or cracks, no discoloration of bulb reflector backing, electrical contacts intact and not corroded.

Dizzy

Is the FoMoCo logo etched into glass or molded?

acman63

SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Dizzy on March 30, 2019, 04:07:42 PM
Is the FoMoCo logo etched into glass or molded?
As Jim said etched. Westinghouse was the one that had the trademark molded . Westinghouse was not typically used at SJ for 67's . I haven't seen Westinghouse on 68's or 69/70 Shelby's ether. If they were used in 68 or 69/70 Shelby it certainly would be in the minority.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

greekz

What is the number of the Low/High beam?  I have a spare bulb, 4001.
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

texas swede

As far as I know, 4001 is the high beam only, i.e. middle lamps. 4002 are the ones with low beam and high beam,
i.e. outside lamps.
Texas Swede

greekz

Quote from: texas swede on March 31, 2019, 06:20:22 AM
As far as I know, 4001 is the high beam only, i.e. middle lamps. 4002 are the ones with low beam and high beam,
i.e. outside lamps.
Texas Swede

Thanks for the clarification.

Greek
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

acman63

He needs a 3 prong GE Bulb  with Fomoco etched  that works on hi and lo beam
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

Bob Gaines

The 3 prong are harder to find in working condition because they were used every time the headlight switch was pulled . By contrast the 2 prong was only used when the high beams were used.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Best place to find them in years past were postal and some other delivery vehicles since they rarely needed to use their headlights ;)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Dizzy

My experience has been after tracking down and buying any of the original or NOS SEALED BEAMS that first test resulted in almost immediate burning out of filament,resulting in the glorious grey smoke that also ends up on the reflector...."No returns on electrical parts"
My "collector" sealed beams are never,ever exposed to 12 volts. Deduct all you want,but I will not destroy a perfect bulb to answer an obvious question. Ever smoked one?    ;D  It hurts.